• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel cell shooting lens

jarellano119

Oakley Beginner
Hello new member here. I've been wearing oakley muffler, shovel and fuel cell winter games limited edition for a few years now. I have a second pair of brown, bronze fuel cell but just not crazy about the bronze tint. How can I tell which type of black iridium lens I have?

Am in the market for some shooting glasses in vermillion, purple, yellow but oakley naming is kind of confusing. I read that g26, g30, vr28 and vr50 are all good for shooting trap but am unable to locate the lens that correlate to the fuel cell model.

Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
As a Lifestyle frame, Oakley didn't do a lot for shooting/golf/active lens colors/options for the Fuel Cell. This database shows only one G30 Black Iridium (darker than regular G30; a contrast lens for golf) option available, and no other options you mention. Persimmon is another lens some people have said is good for shooting, but I'm not a shooter, so don't know first hand. Again however, Oakley doens't have it in the Fuel Cell. Honestly, your best bet is probably to consider an active frame such as Fast Jacket, Flak Jacket, Radar, or M-Frame, as those have tons of lens options available, are easier to change, and have lenses geared towards shooting.

I found out that oakley sold a golf version with the g30 lens. Just cant find one at reputable online store

Last edited:
There's some available on eBay from reputable sellers for under $100 (frame & all contents).

Any input on who can cut some g26's for fuel cell?
The only two pairs that came in G26 were Radar and M Frame, neither of which would be the right base curve for the Fuel Cell. It can be done, but it's not nearly as ideal as just wearing the pair the lens was made for. I'm not sure why you'd want to use a smaller, heavier, tighter, full frame pair for a sport like trap shooting where full field vision and airflow/ventilation is a nice thing to have.

The only two pairs that came in G26 were Radar and M Frame, neither of which would be the right base curve for the Fuel Cell. It can be done, but it's not nearly as ideal as just wearing the pair the lens was made for. I'm not sure why you'd want to use a smaller, heavier, tighter, full frame pair for a sport like trap shooting where full field vision and airflow/ventilation is a nice thing to have.
Uugh cuz I look bad ass in them