• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel Cell Vs. Crankcase

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Okay, any input on this topic would be appreciated. What is the fit and size comparison of the Crankcase vs Fuel Cell? The FC is a darn near ideal fit....smidge loose side to side and tad too much vertical.....the Gascan i could never wear, way to narrow vertically and way too tight. Now some things ive read and seen imply the Crankcase is right between these two being a bit tighter and vertically narrower than the FC but above the Gascan....ive tried the Crankcase on twice and my experience supports this assessment. However, im also finding posts that suggest the Crankcase is as small, tight or even tighter than the Gascan. Again, my trying on supports its a middle ground between these models.....opinions or even comparable measurements would be great.

I have both and think the fit is very similar. The crank case fits slightly closer to the head on the sides. To me it feels like a more secure fit and a little more comfortable. They are definitely not smaller than gascans. I love my Crankcase and will be buying more colorways in the future. Hope this helps you.

The Crankcase is just about the same size as the Fuel Cell, but the arms wrap instead of being straight, and the orbitals are just a little shorter too. As for frame width I'd say they are close to if not identical to the Fuel Cell with the difference being the sweeping curve of the arms.

It does thank you. I also found the thread below just now-seems you and others agree with my assessment which is the size of the CC is smaller but not Gascan small. I also agree that the CC felt more secure and comfortable on my head-like a well fitted t shirt does vs. one that a bit more baggy. And I was somewhat harsh on the CC when released but I have come to like it very much once I held it-to me the sculpting overall especially of the orbitals harkens back to more vintage designs and has some aggressiveness to it I like; some would argue a more snug fit like that is "retro/vintage" as well (ie Splice, Minute).

On the topic-who knows about the Crankcase model with the steel gray tone frame and pale blue icons??? Its not in the O-Review database and I don't see any on eBay but I'm seeing them in youtube videos and elsewhere.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-size-comparison.17985/#post-216729

It does thank you. I also found the thread below just now-seems you and others agree with my assessment which is the size of the CC is smaller but not Gascan small. I also agree that the CC felt more secure and comfortable on my head-like a well fitted t shirt does vs. one that a bit more baggy. And I was somewhat harsh on the CC when released but I have come to like it very much once I held it-to me the sculpting overall especially of the orbitals harkens back to more vintage designs and has some aggressiveness to it I like; some would argue a more snug fit like that is "retro/vintage" as well (ie Splice, Minute).

On the topic-who knows about the Crankcase model with the steel gray tone frame and pale blue icons??? Its not in the O-Review database and I don't see any on eBay but I'm seeing them in youtube videos and elsewhere.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/oakley-size-comparison.17985/#post-216729
Sounds like the 5 Managers Crankcase to me.

ive owned several Batwolfs....as recently as last week before returning it. ive come to realize the fit doesnt suit me...they fit but seem very bulky plus i think i prefer the two lens look. its funny because i was always reading how alike the BW and FC were, but they fit nothing alike and the FC is lighter, allows more airflow and looks better on me

ah ok cool at least u gave them a try, your right the fuel cell is lighter. I like less airflow specially for riding motrocycle though.

Latest Posts

Back