1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

One of my friend came home from Europe and gave me a feedback regarding Oakley..
    People in Europe think it is funny when you wear Oakleys and you are not an athlete..When they see you wear one, they will start to ask you "do you do snowboarding?"
    Anyone heard of this idealism before? Just want to know what is your take on this?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

Not surprised. It seems a lot of countries just wearing sunglasses in general outside of sport is either not accepted socially or just not a normal practice all together. :idk: Meh, less competition for rare pieces, the members of this board are competition enough :lolsign:

Last edited: 6/2/14
  3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Really? So your eyes are being harmed by the sun only when you're playing sports?

mercat likes this.
  4. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

yep..they prefer ray bans..so are they pilots?(for those lovin those aviators)

5. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Come to think of it, in my trip to Spain and Italy a few years ago, I don't remember much people wearing sunglasses, let alone expensive ones.

I got some Rudy Projects as a gift (because Italy). I wanted to get the nosepiece right so I was wearing them immediately, but that didn't last because like...no one else was wearing sunglasses. It was weird. There was sun too.

mercat likes this.
  6. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

I think they want to be tan..my father and lil sister in Switzerland loves the sun..so they are tan..
    must be..

7. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

:crazypilot:

8. Dardonardo

Dardonardo Oakley Enthusiast

I live in Barcelona, Spain, and the sun is really strong here so quite a lot of people wear sunglasses. However many people here have dark eyes and that makes it easier for many people not to wear sunglasses. In winter the sun is lower in the sky so it is also necessary to wear sunglasses, at least for me :)

mercat likes this.
  9. Sig393

Sig393 Oakley Beginner

I got the same thing wearing my juliets while backpacking.

10. TexxxZ

TexxxZ Big bearded baby

I live in Ireland/Northern Ireland and always get some smart arse comment about my Oakley's ,
    fu*k'em all i buy because i enjoy

mercat, QLR1 and mjt42 like this.