• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Funny Story to Share

hybrid90

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi! Thought I'd share a quick story regarding my Carbon/Ruby Juliets that we can ALL identify with:

A few months ago, my car was in the shop having some programming done. This ended up taking quite a bit longer than expected, so they decided to rent me a car since they had no loaner vehicles available. Since this is BMW, they make sure to rent you a "decent" car. But when we got to the rental place, they only had three vehicles: a Chevy Sonic, a Plymouth Mini-Van and a Tahoe. So they asked which one I wanted and I told them that I didn't have much choice since BMW really only authorized $35/day. They then informed me that since they had no vehicles, it was a free upgrade, so I could choose any of the vehicles, so I chose the Tahoe.

A couple of days later, my wife dropped me at work and then went to her job. My Juliets were on the mat on the console (I had told her to just leave them there since she is literally parked about 10ft from where she is and in view of the car about 90% of the time), but she decided to put them in the overhead sunglass holder anyway (we've been together for 24yrs, so OF COURSE she doesn't listen to me). About three hours later, I get a call at work:

Her: "you're gonna hate me!"
Me: "What did you do?"
Her: "I put your glasses in the holder and now I can't get it open. I'm so sorry. I'll get you another pair!"

At that last comment, I laughed and told her not to worry about it, that I'd get it open even if I had to take it apart. She then says again, "No, I'll just get you another pair." Again, I laugh and say, "I don't think so. They are no longer available except on eBay or from Collectors and you don't even WANT to know what they cost..."

We got off the phone, but then I got on eBay and found a listing for a set of Carbon/Ruby Juliets (as you can imagine, they were being listed for $625) and sent a copy of the ad to her.

"ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!?! I'LL GET THEM OUT" was the response I got... :rofl:

Last edited:
Sweet story, thanks for sharing!!!! Glad you got your Juliet's back

After that, the funniest part is that the Tahoe's have this rear cab view mirror built into the sunglass holder (a convex mirror so you can see behind you inside) and to use it, you push the sunglass holder up part of the way. That's what she was doing. All she had to do was push it all the way in and it would have opened. I couldn't stop laughing.

I remember my daughter used to give me and my wife crap for spending $100-125 on a pair of sunglasses. Now she's an adult and spending $300 on glasses and $400 on boots. So she KIND OF understands, but my wife doesn't get it at all, but then she knows better than to question me because if I have it and she wants it, she gets it. Good thing my Juliets won't fit her face :dance2:

Back