• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Fuse Box Battery Change Problems ...

Yeah, I had gotten the four screws out, but the back would not come off ...

I finally got it to come off. I bought it used, & apparently the previous owner liked to dip it in maple syrup or something. Ugh, ... It was sealed in pretty good.

I have it all cleaned up now & have had the back on & off with screws & all three times now ... nice 'n easy now ... just need to grab a battery tomorrow & it will be like new ... Thankfully nothing seeped past the back plate, ... the insides are immaculate.

PS: Thank you for the nonsense responses, Mr. @OakleyFrankFMJ ... ya big jerk!!!
Maybe it's a glue like seal?

@shofzr is that a thing? Or maybe the previous owner was a little sloppy...

Maybe it's a glue like seal?

@shofzr is that a thing? Or maybe the previous owner was a little sloppy...

I have seen gaskets on 20 plus year old watches turn into a gooey mess.
I have never seen a glue like seal used on a watch case( that doesn't mean it doesn't exist)

But I'm thinking in this case it might just be some "Special Sauce" applied by the previous owner

I have seen gaskets on 20 plus year old watches turn into a gooey mess.
I have never seen a glue like seal used on a watch case( that doesn't mean it doesn't exist)

But I'm thinking in this case it might just be some "Special Sauce" applied by the previous owner

It was. Previous owner was very "liberal" with the oil-based lube? Maybe wore it while he ... jacked ... Hmmm, ...

The rubber seal was in great shape, ... saved the innards. I took it off, cleaned every groove with a Q-Tip & rubbing alcohol, then reassembled. Just got done ... looks & works great, ... I even put the proper battery back in it.

Dummy.

Back