• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuse Lenses Fuse + new lens review

Tjarvis

Oakley Beginner
The Beach
I about a year ago I think I signed up with Fuse lenses to receive free lenses and evaluate them. I'm not sure if it was because I had an issue with the fit of my first pair and made them a video or what. Anyway, Fuse has come out with a new Fuse + line of lenses. I have gotten a pair of Carbon polarized for my Oakley Straight Jacket 2.0s and I'll share my findings.

The lenses arrived in what I would call a CD mailer with the Fuse logo big as hell on the side. That's fine, might as well advertise to the mail man, he works in the sun.

When I opened the package... Wrong lenses... I'm not going to swear that I clicked the right button or not, but I received lenses for the straight line 2.0s. Emailed Fuse and paid the return shipping to ship them back, no problems and within 3 days a new package arrived.

Out slides a nice looking Fuse box and some other junk. The box is fine, but who cares about the box...? Open the box and out comes a really nice, thick sun glasses holder, lens cleaner, micro fiber bag.

Inside the bag was the lenses in a two piece plastic bag.

The lenses have an engraving on the top left eye similar to the Polarized engraving in Oakley lenses, but being at the top it is less distracting to be honest.

The finish is good on the lenses which are beveled all the way around to assist in popping them in and out of frames. I did find one place on one of the lenses that seemed a little chipped or had an extra amount of plastic unintentionally removed.

Once I popped in the lenses to the frames I could no longer see the flaw. The fit is great with no light leaks and the curvature seems to be spot on.

New with these lenses is a back side anti reflective coating. It has a purple tint in the reflecting light. In the two days that I've worn them I would say they did a decent job. That being said I've never had a back side reflection issue with the straight jacket 2.0s...my twenties on the other had with stock Oakley lenses and the older style Fuse always greeted me with glare and at times I could see my own eyeball. I would call this a wash on this particular set.

The mirror coating on the front of the lens is just as good as Oakley's and hide the eyes really well.

Looking through the lenses seems to give a slightly warmer gray tint that the BIP from Oakley. The polarization is fine and seems to be of similar grade to Oakley's. Clarity is great and distortion is non existent from what I can tell. I get headaches from cheap sunglasses and have yet to get one with these lenses. This is by no means scientific, but it's good enough for me.

Here is a side by side if that means anything to you.

These lenses are roughly half the price of Oakley replacements, about the same cost through Oakley SI. Would I prefer Oakley brand? Absolutely, but that's only because I am an Oakley fanboy. These lenses certainly seemed to hold their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbon Juliets with BIP go well with a dark suit imho. I'll sometimes wear Square wires in a suit though ;)
Yeah....they somewhat work for me. But I was told I look a great deal younger. And I honestly feel a little more professional with the SQ W2.0s. I have them in both black, silver, and titanium. I LOVE LOVE the light weight titanium ones. I forget I have them on! ;)

Harry

I bought my first pair of Fuse for my old Whiskers, the fit was perfect...they look great, i'm happy....now, I just recieved a second set for some Fours....that is a different story, for the life of me, I can not get them to pop in...the OEM lenses, in and out no issues...the new ones...nope. So I contacted them, they asked for some detailed info, and pics of the frames and box...I sent them and they are telling me that they are Four S frames....I'm 100% positive they aren't, but they are gonna send out another set...we'll see...I can't complain about the service as of yet. Other than that, I'm happy with the quality and look of their lenses...and their prices.

Back