• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Just ordered a bunch more. 4 romeo lenses, ice blue xx, and 3 for my Juliet's. I've been told that there going to start making them with the suitable curve for each frame which should alleviate some confusion going forward.

Any idea on when that might happen. I think I am going to order a few pairs, but would rather wait until the curve is right...

This was the reply I got about their lenses not fitting-

See steps below to help with mounting.

1. Loosen hex screw, (do not remove)
2. Insert the corner of lens where you see this issue occur first.
3. Then slowly insert remainder of lens.

We have mounted lenses prior to shipping in the X Metal XX frame we stock, and know for a fact that our lenses fit without any issues you are describing. If you are still having issues we can gladly mount at no charge or any optical shop can mount as well. Hope this helps let us know.

I tried the tips they suggested and out of all 4 lenses from the 2 sets I ordered not one of them fits, or is even close. I emailed them back and let them know that I won't be mailing my frames to them nor will I pay a shop to trim the lenses down to fit. I could probably sand them myself to get them to fit but that isn't something I'm willing to do for aftermarket lenses. I will be getting in touch with @InfiniteHero or others soon to see about getting these lenses tested to see how good they may or may not be compared to OEM.

A couple unrelated thoughts-

Their ice blue lenses are very purple. From any angle but head on they look just like Oakley violet iridium.

Their silver mirror lenses are exactly that, and it looks awesome in a Ti02 frame. Sad that these ones don't fit, especially after seeing them in the frame.

Both lenses I ordered are no where near the light transmission levels of Oakley black iridium. The ice blue actually lets so much light in through the front that I can see my eyes very clearly even when in a dimly lit bathroom. The silver mirrors aren't that bad but again no where near the light transmission of black iridium. They don't offer light transmission ratings like Oakley does but if you are expecting them to be as dark as stock, you'll be disappointed.

Oh well, looks like its time to get that set of emerald lenses cut that I've been putting off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more updates on the fit and optical clarity for FUSE lens?? Does anyone have the Blaze Mirror lens in the Romeo or Juliet? How does the colour and optical clarity(wavy distortion) compare to original Oakleys?

Any more updates on the fit and optical clarity for FUSE lens?? Does anyone have the Blaze Mirror lens in the Romeo or Juliet? How does the colour and optical clarity(wavy distortion) compare to original Oakleys?

I have ordered about 4 pairs of lenses and here is my experience.

They have all been for a Juliet and I have never had any issue with fit. The ARE base 6, so you have to force them a little to fit into the frame. Nothing major, but I really wish they were base 8. Clarity is the best that I have experienced from an aftermarket lens.

Here are the lenses I have:

Blaze Mirror Polarized - These look EXACTLY like old school Ruby lenses. They have a great purple hue to them. In fact I held an OEM pair up and the Blaze up to my wife and she said they looked the same to her.

Amber Polarized - This has a nice dark brown to them that compliment the Ti02 colorway quite well.

Amber Rose G30 Polarized - I bought these as a test to see how they compared to the actual G30 lenses. I was disappointed as they are much darker and don't look as nice either.

Sapphire Polarized - These look purple from the sides and green straight on.

Overall I think the Blaze are the best match for OEM. None of them are as good as an OEM lens, so for me they are fine for some applications, but not others. Just depends on how you use them.

I would like to try our the Chrome polars in the future.

Bending a lens to fit changes the curve which WILL cause visual distortion. I have talked about this many times. You eyes will try and fight to correct the distortion and eventually cause you a headache or tired eyes. You may not notice it now but down the road you will. I will sunglasses all day. If your going to invest in such an awesome frame, why not go OEM lenses or custom cut from OEM.

Bending a lens to fit changes the curve which WILL cause visual distortion. I have talked about this many times. You eyes will try and fight to correct the distortion and eventually cause you a headache or tired eyes. You may not notice it now but down the road you will. I will sunglasses all day. If your going to invest in such an awesome frame, why not go OEM lenses or custom cut from OEM.
This. Forcing a lens with an incorrect base curve into the frame should really be the least of your worries when using it.

Cool thread, I buy fuse whenever OEM aren't available anymore. I think the quality is superior to other aftermarket brands I have tried....My $0.02

xmetalmaniac: I would go original Oakleys lens of course, but I have never seen an original Oakley Ruby lens for a Romeo 1, so I guess the FUSE Blaze Mirror will just have to do.

pupusasrock: Thanks for the input!

Has anyone else had any experience with the Blaze Mirror or any other FUSE lens for Romeo 1? Will the FUSE lens develop stress cracks like original Oakley lens? Any tips and advice regarding fitting and replacing Romeo 1 lens? Thanks!

Last edited:
Blaze Mirror Polarized - These look EXACTLY like old school Ruby lenses. They have a great purple hue to them. In fact I held an OEM pair up and the Blaze up to my wife and she said they looked the same to her.

I just wanted to give an update for those who are planning on getting some of these. A few months ago I had purchased 2 pairs of the Blaze lenses and they were identical to old Ruby lenses. I recently (last week) purchased a new pair of the Blaze and the finish is DIFFERENT. It is more of a solid red with a little purple. It doesn't look anything like it did previously.

I contacted support and they said that the lenses finish has been changed as they are "always looking for the best materials." Makes me sad as these were great Ruby knockoffs. No longer is that the case.

Latest Posts

Back