• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Future is competing with Nike?

@Infamous I really do hope they are back on track. The world needs a player that is a little off beat an different. Not the blandness that mainstream offers. If what you say is true roll on Rio!

Competing with Nike on apparel is a fool's errand. If Oakley really wanted to set themselves apart, it would be with innovation and it would take a lot of effort to convince the general public to drop that kind of cash. For the price point that would fetch, it's well beyond what the average consumer would pay and would likely only sell to the fanatics. You're just not making money on a deal like that.

I sure hope this is not true also. I have noticed alot of golfers like Bubba Watson and I think Rory McElroy and Zack Johnson are wearing Oakley shirts. Zack Johnson wears Oakleys in every tournament and Rory and Bubba will wear the shirts all the time bUT don't wear the Glasses as much. If they do start trying to compete with Nike & Under Armour more is fine as long as what they do best doesn't take a hit. I don't want the quality of their products suffer because they are wanting to make more products.

If you read the thread about layoffs at HQ the other week, you'd have seen that they were accompanied by some structure and strategy changes. One of which was a cutback on apparel. So this is pretty much a dead initiative, no longer relevant.

Latest Posts

Back