• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Future Release Suggestions

theflyingtomato

Oakley Beginner
With the criticism of recent Frogskins releases, what are your suggestions for future releases? I'd say a Matte Kelly Green pair would look killer, paired with Black or maybe Fire lenses. Also, I think rereleasing the other 2 Supreme retro colorways would be a great idea. They already did the Matte Black/Violets, and I would buy some Crystal Red's and Royal Blue's in a heartbeat. Maybe even bring back the Neon Yellow/Violet (this is coming from a Neon/Fire owner.) What do you think?

*For the record I don't think the other Supreme colorways (which were actually new) should ever be rereleased, along with any other collaboration colorways.

i would LOVE to see neon yellow re released. it would be a way for people to get in my opinion one of the nicest looking frogskins without having to be scared to ruin them when they are wearing them. oakley isnt benefiting from people having a pair in a case, but from people wearing them inspiring others to get a pair

i think they should do a release like the acid rain collection, but in solid, not transparent, frames. that would be awesome, id defiantly buy an orange and a red pair!

i would LOVE to see neon yellow re released. it would be a way for people to get in my opinion one of the nicest looking frogskins without having to be scared to ruin them when they are wearing them. oakley isnt benefiting from people having a pair in a case, but from people wearing them inspiring others to get a pair

Amen!

Re-releasing neon yellows would be nice because I'd like a pair without paying after market prices, but there's loads of pairs I'd like but don't want to pay after market prices for.

I think we just need new stuff that puts the Frogskins back on the radar, they have tanked over this past year. Why doesn't the Frogskins get an artist series release (not including the Pattersons in this because they were one offs)? Why wasn't the Frogskins included in the MFL range? Why do the Holbrook and Fuel Cell DC frames come with a poster but the Frogskins doesn't? If the box is too small for it why not do a limited edition box like the Jupiter Camo Frogskins had? Why did the JC series frames get a pin but the Frogskins only got a sticker? It's just odd behaviour for me on Oakley's part. I know Jim didn't originally think the Frogskins would do sh*t when they were first released, but does the dislike of them as a frame still continue? They seem to get little love from Oakley as a company, it's like the bastard child, yet buyers love them and there's been lots of collabs with uber-brands and fashion outlets, so surely Oakley can see the potential there if they just took some time to look at the market, what it wants, and what will sell. Acid frames & Blacklight frames just don't cut it, and were never going to.

I'd like to see Oakley explore prints on the Frogskins (like BKRW/ some of the Pattersons), and construction (the STPLs had this two stem effect). Basically, and I've said this before, Oakley need to look at what their collab partners did with the frame and look at doing something similar because it's really only the collab frames that have been driving the market, the standard frames are dull.

Latest Posts

Back