• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Future Release Suggestions

I've explained this many times before...it only makes sense with the pairs they already "re-released" are color ways that are standard in other frames. I doubt they will bring back the crazy cool color ways. What they have now are simple ones and more everyday pairs...neon yellow is cool but what average person will walk in and buy that over the polished black or matte black? That's not a collector of course...im just being realistic here..

I've explained this many times before...it only makes sense with the pairs they already "re-released" are color ways that are standard in other frames. I doubt they will bring back the crazy cool color ways. What they have now are simple ones and more everyday pairs...neon yellow is cool but what average person will walk in and buy that over the polished black or matte black? That's not a collector of course...im just being realistic here..
Why do you think they make more than one color? Enough people, average or collecter, bought neon yellows 3 years ago for them to sell out, so I think you brought up a mute point. They will always make some more radical colorways and more tames ones, because different people like different colorways. Oakley's peak was when they were making the craziest designs/colorways ever, that is what the company was made on. I realize you are being realistic, but in the past Oakley never has been, and they have thrived upon it. Oakley needs Jim back.

JK-27 as I was typing up this thread I was thinking how cool would it be if they did up some checkerboard or lumberjack plaid Frog's like the AP painted ones.

JK-27 as I was typing up this thread I was thinking how cool would it be if they did up some checkerboard or lumberjack plaid Frog's like the AP painted ones.

Exactly man, some of his designs were pretty out there and I'm sure hard to produce, but one's like 15, 18, 20, I can't see anything about those designs that couldn't be used as a basis for a more mass produced model that wouldn't be hard to do. If there's fake blends around then it can be that expensive a process to manufacture on a large scale.

Why do you think they make more than one color? Enough people, average or collecter, bought neon yellows 3 years ago for them to sell out, so I think you brought up a mute point. They will always make some more radical colorways and more tames ones, because different people like different colorways. Oakley's peak was when they were making the craziest designs/colorways ever, that is what the company was made on. I realize you are being realistic, but in the past Oakley never has been, and they have thrived upon it. Oakley needs Jim back.
Oakley's peak in coolness maybe, but definitely not it's peak in business.

it obvious that those frame back then weren't making as much money as the frames out now are making. Just take a look in past couple years since Oakley was bought by luxottica, and how many frame look similar and no crazy designs. Also take a look at how the metals have been discontinued for now.

What they were making back then was some amazing stuff. But for a company that big, it just doesn't make sense.

it obvious that those frame back then weren't making as much money as the frames out now are making. Just take a look in past couple years since Oakley was bought by luxottica, and how many frame look similar and no crazy designs. Also take a look at how the metals have been discontinued for now.

What they were making back then was some amazing stuff. But for a company that big, it just doesn't make sense.

But Oakley has strived on not making sense (to some degree). They've always been the ones to take that step into the crazy zone in terms of their ideas and products. Just look at the OTT or Medusa hats

At the same time, being owned by a larger company probably puts pressure on the company to have profits rather than innovation as a motivation :S

Back