1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. FXD

FXD Oakley Beginner

Hi, thought I'd post some pictures of some of my Oakley collection.

I'm mainly an X-Metal fan, the Plasma/Ice Juliet was the second ever pair of Oakleys I owned, bought back in January 2001. I traded the original lenses away a long time ago (around 2004) and only just recently got some Ice back in them. Good to have them back.

I've had the two Romeos, TiO2 XX and Leather Mars for a long time, back since 2005. The XX 24k and Ruby Juliet (X Serial) I bought off eBay UK when I was living just above the poverty line over in London in 2006-2007 - I couldn't shake the bug even in a share house on minimum wage pub job.

The Ducati, X Metal Mars, X Metal XX and Fire Juliets are recent additions.

What I'm trying to do is have one pair of all the original models and colours - I have an Oakley catalogue from 2000 that has the four original X-Metals in it, with their colourways as they stood in early 2000. Technically all I need according to the catalogue is X-Metal/Black Juliet and Crater Mars, and I could stand to lose the Ducati Juliet and Ruby Juliet (never!). I figure Ducati Juliet is close enough to the X Metal Juliet, and the Crater Mars is just a hybrid of Leather/X Metal Marses, and not enough difference between Crater and X-Metal to warrant another purchase.

What I would like to add is the Plasma/Ice XX, Plasma/Fire Romeo and the Ruby Mars. Although there's something about the new generation Plasma that the XX and Romeo comes in that I don't like, so thankfully have no strong desire to get them. Yet.

The only boxes I have are for the Ice Juliet, Romeos (Ti/Gold is missing the outer sleeve) and Ducati. Rest are boxless/coinless :( All have serials.

The X-Metal Vault was a 21st birthday present from my work friends a fair few years ago. The foam has all but deteriorated.

Plus it's great to have by default the sunglasses from M:i-2, X-Men/Black Hawk Down and Fight Club.

FXD's Oakley collection - 43222e3e.jpg

FXD's Oakley collection - d7a62aff.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Oh hey nice mars lol.

Pretty sick collection

3. oakleyfiguer

oakleyfiguer Oakley Beginner

Very nice????

4. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Man that's some serious x metals collection, congrats bro

5. Johnny Hundreds

Johnny Hundreds Banned

nice tower too ;p
    lol

6. FXD

FXD Oakley Beginner

Haha yeah I'm sure they look familiar to people who know the 'Huge score from CL' thread. They are the most recent additions to the collection and I love 'em. Can't believe it's taken me so long to add another Mars to the collection.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

7. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Nice metals!

8. BADNESS

BADNESS Resident Troublemaker

Nice collection! I wish the metals fit me :blink: