1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. michaelpule

michaelpule Oakley Enthusiast

I posted on the Visionary Lenses Facebook page and got a response:

Me - Sept 6: "Looking for some replacement lenses (ideally a mirror style finish) for the Original A-Wire (not thick or 2.0). Any idea where I might be able to find that?"
    VL - 42min ago: "Hey Michael we should have them by December. Thanks!"

In case anyone else may be looking for some replacements for the amazingly old A Wires.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

If anyone is looking for actual Oakley, NIB A Wire lenses I have a few colors as well.

3. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

I'd like to know why these lens companies can't get polycarb as clear as Oakley has been doing since the 1990s. Only then will I get excited about aftermarket.

4. michaelpule

michaelpule Oakley Enthusiast

I very much am! Don't have access to the exchange forum since I'm so new, but I am trying to restore a pair. The current lenses are shot and the frames are bent. Need to try and straighten them out and find new lenses. New ear socks would be nice too. The original are all tacky and gross.

5. Oakster

The basic "wire" earsocks should fit them.

6. Oakster

$$$$$$$$ It costs too much - if they were to make them as good as Oakley then they'd cost as much as Oakley and then they wouldn't sell.

Don't quote me on the percentages, but I believe Oakley only uses 20% of the polycarbonate that it starts with - the rest ends up at places like HP and Black and Decker to make toaster ovens and printers. 80% waste = higher costs.

7. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Don't hold your breath. I've been asking them about e-wire lenses and they told me by summer of 2011. That came and went and still no e-wire lenses.