1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Who has this lens? Looking to get one for my Radars, O-Review doesn't have a lot of reviews on this color, and they seem to be pretty mixed.

I checked it out today in the store, but they didn't have it in the cut I wanted. Overall felt like a VR28 Black, but not as dark as that (mine is polarized). It's rated at 15% with VR28BI at 18 and VR28BIP at 10. Any reason I should stick with the VR28BI, or choose this instead? I'm slightly hesitant to plunk down $90 on a tint I haven't really tried or heard much about.

Any others I should be looking at? The Range is available in Black Iridium 10%, Tungsten Iridium 15%, Fire 16%, +Red 15%, Blue 15%, Ice 10%, VR28 Black 18%, and G20 Black at 15%. Of those, I've never owned a tungsten, +Red, Blue, or G20 Black.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

What is your application? I like a little more light transmission for an activity like cycling where one needs to be able to see the road in the shadowy areas. If it's just for general wear, I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I like to diversify my lens collections. My main sport is competitive shooting, but I'm not necessarily looking for a lens for that.

I'm not going out of my way for it, I can just order it from Oakley.com. I have a Radar frame and the only lens I have is a persimmon, which is just a pretty useless lens for outdoor wear since it's a little too dark for really cloudy or dusk days, too bright any other time. Indoors on a very well lit range is about all I'd use it for. So I'm looking for a new general sunglasses lens for the frames, and I don't own a G20 Black.

4. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

I have G20 Black Iridium for my Flak Jackets, I wore them today, it's not a bad lens for an overcast day. As it's name implies, it feels like a darker version of G30 (which I like) and it has a rosey/violet hue. Good contrast, but I'm not sure how well it would be on a sunny day.

5. Millerntor

Millerntor Oakley Beginner

Give Tungsten a try, versatile in different conditions...or +red if you like it flashy...