• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

G30 Iridium Lens Tint Must Not Be Used When Driving??

brownnugen

Oakley Beginner
I was just reading through my warranty paperwork and noticed that written in there. Is there a reason why? The card also said the same about VR28 blue irium

I just ordered a set and was on the fence between G30 and the VR28. I am thinking now that I should change my order and get the VR28 now. I will be using these glasses for just about everything (riding, driving, hanging out) and don't want to waste mu money on something that I can't use for what I want it for.

Just fow clarification, I was thinking about just plain vr28s, not the vr28 blue iridium.

The same is said about G26. I wore mine around town and didn't notice much color shift. The guy at the Vault told me it was more to due with eye strain, but I figure if I'm supposed to wear the lens when doing something like shooting which can be an all day things how can driving with them on somehow effect me?

Give them a test run, if you feel comfortable with them on wear them. I prefer VR28 to the G30 since the VR is a bit deeper color and to me gives a bit better contrast on the warm side.

i dont remember where i saw this but there are laws in some states that forbid certain lens tints. probably not a huge concern but it's something to keep in mind.

I was just reading through my warranty paperwork and noticed that written in there. Is there a reason why? The card also said the same about VR28 blue irium

I believe when the sun suddenly pops out, your lens might cause you to get blinded. As for me, I use G30 a lot more than Black, or Jade Iridum on my Flak.

Thanks, so has anybody had any negative experiences using the G30 or VR28 lenses while driving? Oakley's website says that if I mount the lenses, I can't return them so I don't want to find out the hard way....

UYZ, are you serious about the sun and getting blinded? That would be bad.

Is the disclaimer by Oakley (about certain lens tint and driving) a cover your butt thing similar to how you aren't supposed to have your car windows tinted beyond a certain percentage?

I believe when the sun suddenly pops out, your lens might cause you to get blinded. As for me, I use G30 a lot more than Black, or Jade Iridum on my Flak.

I agree. I wore my SCARs with a G30 Iridium while driving one morning. It was somewhat cloudy..but when the sun popped out....I could barely keep my eyes open. It was really weird.

So it actually sounds like it creates an unsafe condition?? Are the VR28s a safe alternative? Any issues with them and sudden sunlight?

Latest Posts

Back