1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Oakley Beginner

I bought an half jacket 2.0 from a reseller with lens g30 IR ( at least I think so by the box). I am a bit concerned because rather than having a rose tint, they are more brownish. They are also not very much usable on medium light. It is this the standard g30? Which tint can you suggest for golf usage in medium to low light?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

They can be brownish/blue/purple to look at but you should definitely be seeing the rose tint when you look through them. Have you checked them for polarisation (rotate them whilst looking at an LCD screen - does it blacken at certain angles)? You probably want the non-polarised G30s if you're playing without much glare.

If you're losing the light that much whilst playing, it might be worth having a look at persimmon too. Check out G40 photochromic too, that might meet your needs in a single lens:

http://uk.oakley.com/products/7001/26459

3. midwestbroncosfan

midwestbroncosfan Oakley Beginner

G30 is one of my favorite lenses. I have noticed that the G30 Polarized lenses is a bit darker and better for brighter light than the standard G30 lense. Not sure why that is.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

The polarized filter adds a small level of grey tint and helps with glare from bright light.

5. midwestbroncosfan

midwestbroncosfan Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the information. I greatly appreciate it!