1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry Oakley Collector

Well...have a chance to get some G30 polar iridium HJ lenses to use as donors for a Penny or Julie, and I'm on the fence if I think I will like them or not. I couldn't find an example at my local store to check them out up close. I saw a few pics on the net...and I'm not really sure how they really look. I saw one example of the same pair of glasses...one pic looked like the lenses were very deep dark and vibrant blue....yet another pic looked like they were a bit brownish. Are they mirrored? Can your eyes be seen? Can anyone share some true / accurate pics? THANKS!
    G30 POLAR IRIDIUM DONORS? - s-l1600.jpg
    G30 POLAR IRIDIUM DONORS? - s-l1600-1.jpg

Harry

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oaks in the backwoods

Oaks in the backwoods Oakley Beginner

They do have a blue hue under certain light ..they have iridium kind of like the vr28..yes you're eyes a visible under most circumstances..they have a rose hue looking through them..FYI G30 BIP is darker and a better overall lense, imo......pic us about as accurate as you'll get G30 POLAR IRIDIUM DONORS? - Screenshot_2016-10-03-23-54-58.png

3. DrtyHarry

Nah....not for me I don't think. Thank so much for sharing man...

Harry

Oaks in the backwoods likes this.
  4. Oaks in the backwoods

Oaks in the backwoods Oakley Beginner

Definitely not good for bright days or if hiding your eyes is important

Chris A Hardaway likes this.
  5. DrtyHarry

I was hoping they looked more like that first pic I posted...but those look more like sapphire I think.

6. jdd32

jdd32 X Metal Workshop

they look like that under certain conditions such as laid out on a black MF bag or have dark background. They won't hide your eyes and if you want that shade but dark enough tint to hide your eyes then you'd want Deep Blue Polarized lenses