• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Garage Rock And Big Taco Size Comparison Pics

Meh I've kind of given up on new frames that I'll like. Just hoping for some sweet special editions of my favorite frames.

I'd think the Big Taco will be popular with the Average, large headed, consumer though. Not sure what market will find the Garage rock appealing

I think we are in for alot of real disappointment in the future. They are showing the direction Lux is taking the in. Garage Rock, Big Taco! C'mon, WTF is that about? If you're gonna call something Garage Rock, at least give it attitude. Instead looks more like bathroom estrogen. And Big Taco. WOW! Still a flop. They seriously need to get back to the basics. They would do better dredging up old patents and designs never put to market than using this stuff. Just one disappointment after another. But not to fret, there will be more frogs pumped out I'm sure!!

i noticed how they gave the garage rock the hollywood treatment by throwing up a big party in sydney. i mean seriously, do they think we are gonna fall for that. i dont like the direction lux is taking. lux is probably one of the worst things to happen to oakley. i feel an era of disappointment is coming. they could have asked us for our opinion at least. you look at the history of oakley design, and there is a certain design element/attitude, an x-factor, that is inherent in every product just about. to all of us, the latest releases are just another sunglass without substance.

I don't think it's just the new frame designs that are the problem, it's the endless colour ranges current frames get released in. Take Frogskins for example, you can buy Acids, Blacklights, Acid Tortoise, Summit, Deuce Coupe, Re-released collectors edition (White, Polished Clear, Matte Black etc), polarized pairs, Danny Kass, GP-75, Kazu. Plus potentially Blacklights polarized and Aquatique ranges. It is a completely saturated market. You're devaluing your own product by releasing so many so quickly. Where's the business sense?

I don't think it's just the new frame designs that are the problem, it's the endless colour ranges current frames get released in. Take Frogskins for example, you can buy Acids, Blacklights, Acid Tortoise, Summit, Deuce Coupe, Re-released collectors edition (White, Polished Clear, Matte Black etc), polarized pairs, Danny Kass, GP-75, Kazu. Plus potentially Blacklights polarized and Aquatique ranges. It is a completely saturated market. You're devaluing your own product by releasing so many so quickly. Where's the business sense?

Don't forget custom. :wink:

I can't believe all the Garage Rock hate going on here. I was undecided on these, and finally got to check out a few pairs in person...and I like them. I look good in Jupiters and Frogs, and Garage Rock works equally well for me too. I was actually tempted to pick up a pair of Blue Woodgrain, but didn't feel they were worth the $170 price tag. The guy at the O Store said they have been selling extremely well though...

Latest Posts

Back