• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Garage Rock - New Release, Rumor And Discussion Thread

More creativity on these three pairs than any Frogskin Oakley has put in an O-store in a long time. Like the colorways a lot, but won't be buying any.

Wasn't keen on the frame when it first came out. I then tried a pair on in Shade Sation & liked them. I'd have to go back & try on different colourways but I'm sure I'll end up with one of them. Like some have said I think it's a frame that will grow on people. We shall see.

The longevity of the Garage Rock, Holbrook or, for that matter, any frame design depends on one thing: Sales.

Oakley is a business and like any other business, they're looking to make a profit. If a frame style sells well, it'll survive. If they sit on the store shelves and collect dust, they'll be axed.

You gotta remember, collectors and enthusiasts make up a small fraction of the total market. While I'm sure Oakley appreciates all of us here, whether or not we "accept" the Garage Rock or not doesn't matter to them. What matters is if the general public accepts them.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if the Holbrook disappeared. I know quite a few people that have bought them and wear them, and I've found they have quite a following among forum members here, too. I'm not privy to the sales figures on the Holbrooks, so I really couldn't say one way or the other. But I'd personally hate to see this style go the way of the dodo. I like 'em.

I'm not privy to the sales figures on the Holbrooks, so I really couldn't say one way or the other.

I was speaking with an Oakley rep a while ago and the Holbrook is now the top selling frame in most markets around the world. Some markets it's still the Frogskins but the Holbrook is a close second, but that will likely soon reverse given the lame Frogskins releases of late. No right minded company would deliberately kill off it's cash cow so I don't believe the rumours that the Holbrook will be axed.

I've said it before, and I'll undoubtedly say it again: I never thought Garage Rock was bad. It can look good on some people.

I never really understood why people were so into Holbrooks. They look fine, but the styling is just boring (except for the Goldbrooks, of course). I just don't understand why Oakley sells a million Holbrooks, and way less Jupiter/JS. For me, the Jupiter styling has always been way more appealing. Maybe I just have bad taste or something :laugh: I am skeptical that Oakley would pull the plug on Holbrook; but if they did, I wouldn't mind much.

The Holbrook is a simple, sleek design that takes a twist on the traditional Wayfarer style. If you look at the best selling styles they are all simple, one size fits all styles. Flak Jacket, Gascans, Frogskins, Radar, they all do well.

Is it weird that I hate the garage rock but I love this new Fathom model? (at least in the pictures) Sigh... not sure if I should break down and get it. I actually **almost** like the gr design but I just hate the way they shaped the lenses and the front of the frame. It's too "feminine" and too curvy for my taste. I like the more masculine lines of the Holbrook. If the GR had a Holbrook front with its current legs, I would totally sport these. To get or not to get (Fathom), that is the question.