• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gas Can Lens Swap

Shldonator

Oakley Expert
To make a long story short, I'm about to buy a polarized Gascan and a non polarized Gascan flag just so I can swap the lenses and have a polarized Gascan flag. Prices on SI are such that I can afford the indulgence. I'm wondering if the lenses are swappable at home or am I going to break the frame. Thanks in advance for any advice.

To make a long story short, I'm about to buy a polarized Gascan and a non polarized Gascan flag just so I can swap the lenses and have a polarized Gascan flag. Prices on SI are such that I can afford the indulgence. I'm wondering if the lenses are swappable at home or am I going to break the frame. Thanks in advance for any advice.
oakster is very much correct...pop out, pop in. No trick to it other than start from the inside upper corner to remove, and start from the outside edge working to the inside corner for installation. If you have an extra SI bag you want to sell/trade, I am VERY interested since they pulled em from the SI site...

Mission accomplished and "spare" pair (non-polarized left overs) sold on ebay. I decided to go with Fuel Cells instead of Gascans because of frame size. Worked just like Dr. Chop and Oakster described. Lens swap took all of 5 minutes, and thats with cleaning.

dpxl.jpg

iaee.jpg

Back