• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gas Can SI's - My Predicament - Kinda Pissed @ Oakley

Good luck hope it works out. Still a good price. Try them out for a couple of weeks or a month a post a review. If they don't work try another brand. It would be good information for others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If they aren't listed for sale separately, why are you mad they aren't for sale separately? Seems your problem, not anyone else's.

@pistolpetefan23

Huh? I never checked to see if THIS particular pair were available separately because I was told by an Oakley representative at SHOT Show that their lenses are available for purchase separately. He failed to mention that they like to make life difficult for their customers and only sell the ones they wanna sell. After speaking directly with a company rep, and being told I could purchase their lenses apart from their complete glasses, why would I then go check and see if THIS particular set was available? I was under the impression that if Oakley had lenses that were available in current production glasses, that I'd be able to purchase replacements. Apparently, that isn't the case. So, in other words, I'm assuming if I were using these overseas and damaged a lens, I couldn't just aquire a replacement and perform the repair myself, I'd have to go through a bunch of **** and send them back to Oakley for God only knows how long for repair? You don't see where that's a bit ridiculous? You may disagree, but if the glasses are current production and aren't part of some special "collection" or limited edition run, then Oakley should offer their customers the convenience of being able to purchase replacement parts, lenses included.

Last edited:
And I especially think it's ridiculous with this pair exclusively, being that a large majority of purchasers/owners are using them in a tactical role. That is, after all, EXACTLY who they're marketed to being "Standard Issue" and all. The chances of lenses being damaged in this demographic is particularly high, yet Oakley doesn't think it's a good idea to offer replacement lenses for their "hard use" line of eyewear. I still love Oakley because they do make some great stuff, but I'll say whoever made this their SOP (standard operating procedure) is dumb as hell.

Last edited:
Good luck hope it works out. Still a good price. Try them out for a couple of weeks or a month a post a review. If they don't work try another brand. It would be good information for others.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, Duck. You've been most helpful.

Just get bronze polarized, it'll look just as good

Do you happen to know if they're available separately? And, unfortunately, they don't offer one of the things I'm after, which is the Iridium coating. In other words, you can see right through them if you're looking at the wearer.

Back