• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gascan 3D Lenses Question

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I took out the 3D lenses from my TF Gascan and put in the Ruby Iridiums a while back.

Now I'm on the look out for a regular Gascan frame to put the 3D lenses in. My question is, would the 3D lenses fit into the regular Gascan frame without doing damage to the lenses?

better to swap ear stems.

i damaged one of the lenses at the corner... as the fit is just slightly different
Doh! Yeah I knew that the 3D lenses have a slightly different curvature but I was hoping it wasn't big enough that it wouldn't fit on a regular frame. I guess those 3D lenses will forever remain unused.

Yep, shouldve researched it first before you went ahead
I don't regret it at all. I'd much rather use my TF Gascan as sunglasses than 3D glasses thankyouverymuch. I was simply hoping to get some use out of the 3D lenses but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if it doesn't pan out.

It's damaged a just a little at the corner... Doesn't affect vision during 3D movies at all...

Like Razerwire, I'd rather use the TF3 as sunnies than for the movies... So, no worries... Still a kick ass pair of sunnies!

Oh, I forgot to ask, would putting the 3D lenses back into the TF Gascan damage the lenses as well?

The edges may most likely to peel... I wouldn't do this repeatedly...
So best way is to buy another frame and switch out the ear stems. Matte black gascans are pretty cheap anyways...

Simply tape the 3D lenses to your face when you watch movies.
Who needs a frame - just let the lenses hang from your eyebrows.
Problem solved. :biggrin:

Surely anything's better than wearing the hideous glasses that the cinema hands out . . .

Back