• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gascan 3D Lenses Question

The edges may most likely to peel... I wouldn't do this repeatedly...
So best way is to buy another frame and switch out the ear stems. Matte black gascans are pretty cheap anyways...
I haven't tried putting the 3D lenses into anything yet so they shouldn't be peeling yet unless popping them out once starts the process. If I can find a pair of matte black Gascans I'll probably pop out the Rubies from the TF Gascan and put the 3D lenses back in. Hopefully that won't cause any damage being that it's only the second time they're being popped into a frame. Then I'll simply switch out the stems like you suggested.

It's a pity because I was eyeing a crystal black frame to put the 3D lenses into and thought it would've looked awesome.

Simply tape the 3D lenses to your face when you watch movies.
Who needs a frame - just let the lenses hang from your eyebrows.
Problem solved. :biggrin:

Surely anything's better than wearing the hideous glasses that the cinema hands out . . .
LOL

Yeah those cinema generics are the worst!

Simply tape the 3D lenses to your face when you watch movies.
Who needs a frame - just let the lenses hang from your eyebrows.
Problem solved. :biggrin:

Surely anything's better than wearing the hideous glasses that the cinema hands out . . .

You may be on to something there, Herbsley. Perhaps an OTT 3D frame? It could be a new model.....

I did the same thing with my TF gascans. I messed up the lenses and the 3D film started peeling off. Sent them back to Oakley and they warranty repaired them.

Good luck

Back