• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gascan's at Tilly's *Update*

separatemass

Oakley Expert
Mississippi
So I just ordered a pair of gascans from tillys.com. They have some combos not offer buy oakley, anyone order from them before?

I ordered the matte black with blue iridium. They also have a crystal with emerald. can't find any info on these combos or if they are exclusive to tilly's.

Yea tillys is a well known skate store I just haven't seen gascans come in these 2 color combos unless your do customs.

Cool thing is there is a 20% off code right now and they have free shipping so these where just a little more than standard gascans.

Ok update got the gascans today and I'm not that happy here's what I open the box and find.

The box is torn at on end and marked gascan matte black warm gray lens so that means they swapped out the lenses, the lenses have finger prints all over them and I get a batwolf bag with them. So now I am questioning are the lenses real Oakley or aftermarket.

So what would you guys do send them back? Keep them? The box and bag are annoying that there were not right but not a deal breaker.

0ccd2a02-317d-8f5c.jpg

0ccd2a02-3191-2ab5.jpg

0ccd2a02-319b-3cb6.jpg

0ccd2a02-31a4-028a.jpg

That stinks. Now we know why that colorway was odd. Looks like they are taking part in creating their own brand of customs. This is interesting because I ordered a pair of Oil Rigs earlier in the week to take advantage of the 20% discount. They are just the basic polished black w/ grey lenses pair. I am eager to see what I receive now. If I was you, I would contact them for a return because the box and bag do not jive with the sunglasses.

Wow.........I have bought from many well known retailers before, and I have seen boxes a little banged up, but I would question this. You might want to contact Oakley about this purchase from them and make sure they are an authorized dealer, and not getting there stock from someone else. It's hard to tell if the lenses are authentic, unless you can compare them to another set of ice lenses. Aftermarket will look completely different. And a batwolf bag? I question that too....

Yea this looks like a frankenstien project pair lenses from somewhere, bag from somewhere else. I had a return label in the box I think I might just send them back and contact oakley about there practices.

If its not what you paid for take it back and raise it to the managers attention.

I order them from there website there isn't a store close to me or I would do just that. They are closed for the weekend so I will have to wait till monday to call them. Also Oakley is closed till monday so have to wait there too.

Back