• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 Plasma Juliet Advice

pupusasrock

I should Work at Oakley
USA
I purchased a used but in good condition pair of Juliets that are Gen 1 plasma. They don't have much discoloration at all at this point. I want to wear them on a fairly regular basis and want to avoid the darkening and discoloration. So what is the best way for me to do that. Is it worth getting a clear coat or something like that put on them? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I've the same thoughts to be honest. Recently aquired a really nice gen 1 Plasma and yes I want to wear it. I thought of the clear coat idea too, but I really wouldn't want to lose that silky finish they have.
So, I'm going to wear them a little more sparingly and keep them clean and sweat/salt free, as that is what will ruin the finish.

I'm interested as to what others think here on this, good post !

Wear them. That's what they were made for, gentlemen! Wear them and wipe them down after each use to get the oil and sweat off the stems and frame, then clean the lenses. If they discolor over time send them to the X-Man for a refinish. ;)

I find most of the discoloration comes from the breaking down of the rubber ear socks and nose bombs. Heat being the main culprit. Keep them clean and don't store them in the heat. I have 7 or 8 first gen plasma Juliets and after I cleaned the discoloration off the ones that had it, it hasn't come back.

Wear them. That's what they were made for, gentlemen! Wear them and wipe them down after each use to get the oil and sweat off the stems and frame, then clean the lenses. If they discolor over time send them to the X-Man for a refinish. ;)
I just wear one of the 48 Juliets that isn't prone to discolouration instead :p Refinishing a first gen plasma would kind of defeat the point...

Back