• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gen 1 XX TiO2 Plasma/Carbon

scienergy

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Made in USA
First post here, awesome discussions here on one of the things I love the most: Oakley Xmetal.

Scored these on eBay for $450. Perhaps a little on the high end of price, as they don't come with box, coin, etc but they look super clean and advertised as tight and lightly worn. The auction was listed as Juliet TiO2 but serial (XT014057) says they are 1st gen XX.

I'll be adding this to my collection of Juliet Plasma/Ice & Romeo 2.0 Polished/Titanium

2zzos91.jpg

First post here, awesome discussions here on one of the things I love the most: Oakley Xmetal.

Scored these on eBay for $450. Perhaps a little on the high end of price, as they don't come with box, coin, etc but they look super clean and advertised as tight and lightly worn. The auction was listed as Juliet TiO2 but serial (XT014057) says they are 1st gen XX.

I'll be adding this to my collection of Juliet Plasma/Ice & Romeo 2.0 Polished/Titanium

2zzos91.jpg
I was watching that one, good score man.

I was watching this item as well and what was weird was they ended but then were relisted for $5.00 then ended again. The seller said he relisted them because the high bidder was from outside the country but that always throws up red flags for me that there were using buddies to run up the auction then just went back to the next highest bidder. Either way they look nice, let us know when you get them.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll probably take some more pictures once I receive them with my other pairs and post 'em here.

I didn't actually win the first auction, apparently the winning bidder at $455 was in Mexico and the seller clearly marked the auction US ONLY so he offered a second chance to me as the next highest bidder. The second chance offer wasn't working, so he relisted them with a buy it now option. I could have passed and let them run again but decided to pull the trigger.

Also, before I committed to the second chance offer, I asked the guy about that spot on the left temple. He said it thought it was wear, but was able to clean it off with soap and water and sent me updated photos of no spot so they appear to be in pristine condition.

What are the typical price ranges you see on the XX TiO2? Was I on the high end of purchase price? Even if I was, I didn't purchase to resell but rather to enjoy on my face but I am curious =)

Update: Looking at the bid history, 4 different bidders ran them up on the last day from $355-$440 and the winning bidder was indeed unique from the others and appears to bid often on sunglasses, and has "Vêtements, accessoires > Lunettes de soleil" in his bid history so that tells me he was indeed foreign. No fraud here, from what I can tell.

Send him $5.00 and tell him that is where the auction ended at! lol. Can't help with the value I'm not sure.

congrats,
a few points
1. tio2 colorway is plasma/ XMETAL, not carbon
2. the juliet version of the tio2 is far more valuable than the XX version (probably why it was advertised as such)
3.450 is what i'd expect to be paying for one in a boxed set, but at least you got a mint example. i hope shipping wasnt too much more as well!

Received them and they are in perfect condition. They look brand new, not even any marks from cleaning on the lenses. I've never seen the xmetal finish in person, it's definitely not carbon though in photos they look like a darker grey/black. The plasma looks different than my plasma Juliet. It's more grey and less gold. Also has a slightly more rough texture to touch than the plasma of my Juliet.

I love the larger lenses of the XX, I've always thought the Juliet are a little small for my face but the XX are perfect.