1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Beancooker

Beancooker Oakley Enthusiast

Is there a big difference in value when comparing the different generations of Juliet's? I have a pair of 3rd gen plasma/fire Juliet's, and replaced the lenses with new ruby when they were sent in for a tune up.
    All my glasses I wear, none are collected for viewing, and value doesn't really make a difference to me, but I am curious.

Are the third gen more valuable than something newer? Would it be wise to replace the lenses with some fire lenses, and wear these less often? I doubt I would do that, but just wondering.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Yes. Older juliets usually carry a higher price tag, but you should wear what you want to wear!

3. Beancooker

Well, I will still wear them, but this is something unjust don't know much about. What is the value difference between a third and fourth generation plasma Juliet with fire lenses? Are we talking $5, $50 or $200?

4. Beancooker

Anyone?

5. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would personally say that any serialised model would be more valuable than a later model and therefore more attractive to purchase. I feel there would be at least a $50 difference in the value of a serialised piece all being in good order etc, but on the point of wearing them, you are not subject to fading/wear on this finish so I would not be at all worried about usage.