1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Enders

Enders Oakley Enthusiast

The other day I was working with LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) and the Mechanics were wearing what looked like generic safety sunglasses except they had the "O" on the ear stems. I asked the guy if he had an extra pair or if he knew about them but he said they just have hundreds back at the shop.

Just like these except made by oakley
    Generic Oakley Safety Sunglasses - glasses%20wraparound.jpg

Has anyone heard of Oakley producing safety glasses for a large company?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I don't know, but if you get your hands on some I always need new safety glasses. I baby an M Frame at work and have cheap pairs for backup in my desk and in my shooting bag.

3. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Absolutely not made by Oakley... They have safety versions of the M-Frame, with Z87.1 embossed in the frame, in matte black with yellow, clear, and permisson lenses (IIRC).

Even the Chilean miners got M-Frames.

4. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

Yes. There were two: Straight Jacket - Jet Black - Clear 12-688 (TW1007), and Straight Jacket - Jet Black - Yellow 12-689 (TW1008). These were both the original first Straight Jackets made as signature pieces for TORCH WEAR intended for use as safety glasses and sold by them for that purpose. They came in the old style black boxes without the S/J image as the others of that model had, but did have two unique blazing red colour barcode labels. The pieces were different in that the TORCH WEAR logo complete with raging grey flames replaced the Oakley Icon on the arms. They have long been sold out but I did get my own pairs direct from Torch Wear some years ago, truly unique in that Oakley has not produced another collaboration of this nature and creates an obscure angle of collectable interest.

5. nlgrav182

Last edited by a moderator: 7/1/14
  6. oakleyman2424

oakleyman2424 Oakley Enthusiast

I remember seeing these for sale from Huney Monkey a couple years ago.. wish I had bought them.

Last edited by a moderator: 5/26/14
  7. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

The Chilean miners actually received Radars.
    Chilean Miner Rescue Operation

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

well, call me chilean miner.. Generic Oakley Safety Sunglasses - e7e6uzen.jpg

this is what i use for all my DIY projects. its a Matte black frame with all the livestrong bits on it..

9. nlgrav182

I knew it was one of the two. Actually figured it was Radars since it was recent. Point was more to the fact that they received real Oakley products and not cheap generic safety glasses.

I wear M-frames at work with clear hybrid lenses for safety glasses. Company paid half.

10. xtremehardy388

xtremehardy388 Oakley Beginner

I love my M Frames and M Frame 2.0s for extrication