• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Getting high with Oakleys ;)

Hmmmm

Jumping out of a real plane thousands of feet in the air with an amazing view while possibly crashing to your death.

Just hovering mere feet off the ground in a safe wind tunnel where you can just get a few bruises or break a bone or two.

Yeah. They're slightly different. I would rather plummet to my death. Way more fun!!! :D
I have done both many times, and i enjoy both, but i actually like indoor better.

Upsells -

That thing where they take you up high into the tunnel on your 2nd flight, that's I think $10? They offer it to you when you check in, then again during flight training. Then they have the people who paid for it go first, so those who didn't buy it get to see it, then when it's your turn they offer it again. At that point it's too noisy to talk so they use hand signals and it's not clear that they're charging for it. But you can ignore them when they call out to settle up afterwards...

Then, if there's any time left at the end of the session they'll offer a 3rd flight for $20.

And then they offer a discount on a return package but only if you buy it while you're there. The tandem skydiving I've done before does the same thing. It's just trying to milk you the most they can in the heat of the moment (yes I realize the double entendre...)

They also push their advanced training packages, where you can learn to do some acrobatics.

That's some crazy upselling. Wow! That's on another level.

The timing is about the same, one minute sessions at ifly and it's usually about one minute of freefall with a standard skydive. Though with a standard skydive there's a much longer time hanging from a harness with the parachute deployed. Plus you're jumping out of a perfectly good airplane...

On my first skydive, it was a busy day and we spent several hours waiting for my turn, watching groups load up on the plane, take off, then sometime later gently float back to the ground. After seeing that enough times, The Wife starting saying she'd be interested in trying it, too. As I mentioned before, as soon as you land they say, "Was that fun? Well you can buy another jump right now for a discount, offer only good right away!"

So, since she wanted to do it some other time, we went ahead and bought the jumps, mine at a discount.

Then we got home and she saw the video of the freefall portion - suddenly she didn't want to do it anymore... :lol::lol::lol:

But we did anyway. It took a whole year, but she's too "frugal" to let the money we spent go to waste... :rofl:

Latest Posts

Back