• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

GH4AU's C-Six collection

I'm just gonna be honest here, so, this is an awesome collection and I'm sure you worked super hard to collect all these C-six's and that's great that they're one of your favorite pairs and all, but I can't help but feel kinda bad for some people. There are people out there that will never get the chance to own a pair or even see a pair of C-six's in person. You are proud to own 5 aluminums and 1 cf but there are people out there that would love to own just 1 pair of aluminums. I know there are 1500 and owning 5 of the 1500 may not sound like a lot but it really is and I just can't help feeling like you're being kinda selfish owning so many when there are others that would love to own just 1. It took me 4 years before I even saw a pair of C-six's in person until 3 weeks ago and I can't help feel that if there were more out there it might not have taken me so long to find a pair NOT on ebay. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way because like I said, I'm sure worked hard to get all these and you obviously love Oakley, I just feel kinda bad for 4 people that could be proud owners of aluminum c-six but will never get the chance. Either way, congrats on owning all the pairs you have, I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not jealous. Lol!

Well.... Yes, the C-Six happens to be my favorite pair of Oakleys. Yes, it has taken me some time and work to acquire what I have. Yes, there are only 1500 aluminum and 250 carbon fiber. But... They are out there. It just takes some legwork to find them. Even the ones that come up on eBay are obtainable at reasonable prices. Sometimes all it takes is a friendly message to an eBay seller with a reasonable offer and the next thing you know, you have a pair of C-Sixes headed your way for less than retail. I was one of those people not too long ago that just wanted a C-Six. I wanted both the aluminum and Carbon ever since they were released. I ended up buying my first one from an actual store and was lucky to pay less than retail due to my military status. I don't think that I am being selfish though. If you want one, you can get one. They are out there. It just takes a little bit of time and a lot of communication. I try to assist members here on the forum all the time. Most pairs that I sell, I sell them here on the forum although I make a little less money than I could elsewhere. I enjoy this community and I am doing what I can to help the members here. Hell, I am helping a member right now source a C-Six. Now, is owning this many C-Sixes a little ridiculous? I would say yes, and probably everyone else would say the same. But they would also say that it's ridiculous to have a display full of sunglasses and watches. My wife thinks I'm a nut. I didn't have this in mind after I purchased my first C-Six. But after a while, it became a passion and I wanted more. I sold off a lot of X-Metals and other things which were dear to me to help fund these, so it's been a bittersweet adventure so to speak. There are many people here that have multiple pairs of certain rare styles. I don't consider them selfish, just passionate about that style. I will proudly wear mine for some time to come.

...And if I do decide to sell any of these, you'll know exactly where to look. They will be kept in our little community ;).

I check back on this thread from time to time to look at your pics and to see others. I am so jealous. Seeing all of these C-SIX's make me feel like a loser, so on second thought not sure why I keep coming to this thread. Hopes, dreams and envy I guess. Without hope, what do we have? That is a great philosophical question. One thing I can see is true. Hope or no hope, I still aint got no C-SiX. Great glasses. Keep living the dream @GH4AU.

I check back on this thread from time to time to look at your pics and to see others. I am so jealous. Seeing all of these C-SIX's make me feel like a loser, so on second thought not sure why I keep coming to this thread. Hopes, dreams and envy I guess. Without hope, what do we have? That is a great philosophical question. One thing I can see is true. Hope or no hope, I still aint got no C-SiX. Great glasses. Keep living the dream @GH4AU.
You definitely shouldn't feel like a loser. You probably put some of your money in other places that provide you with happiness, not just sunglasses :cool-33:. After I got my first pair, I knew that I wanted more. So I set out to get more, and throttled back in other areas and sold off some of my Oakley collection and other stuff and here I am, with some beautiful pairs of sunglasses. :drinks: