1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jace ace

Jace ace Oakley Beginner

Just treated myself to a pair of racing jacket shades with prescription lenses. Nice! Can anyone tell me what other sport style shades can have prescription lenses? My optometrist is vague on the issue, the nearest oakley stockist is 600lm away. Cheers

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, the racing jacket lenses also fit into the jawbone as well, any jackets can be done, any x-metal, any Frogskins. Most of all Oakleys Candace prescription in them

3. Jace ace

Jace ace Oakley Beginner

Thanks mate. Im im outback western Australia . i have looked at the Aussie oakley website and haven't seen or heard of x metal maybe they dont sell them here. Do you lnow if the flak 2 can have prescription lenses?

4. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yes you can get lenses in them too

5. Jace ace

Jace ace Oakley Beginner

Thanks for that info.Sorry I was wrong, I did a x metal search on the oakley aussie website and they do have them. Very nice, really dig the bad man but $550 and then the price of prescription lenses? I can afford it but I cant justify it .Can get 2 pairs of something else.Dig the flak 2 might start there. Thanks again.

6. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

have a look around the forum - especially the x metal section and you will find that the new 'x-metals' are not a patch on the old ones. you would be better off with a pair of juliets or xx metal frames and sourcing your prescription lenses. forum member @jdd32 is in australia and could maybe help you out.

here's a link to the x metal section Oakley X-Metal Discussion

7. Jace ace

Jace ace Oakley Beginner

Thank you for that , I will check out the ones you mentioned. Total noob here!

cyclerdoug likes this.
  8. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

9. #1 Stunna!

#1 Stunna! Oakley Expert Premium Member

10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum:)