1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

If you purchase a gift card with a minimum value of $150 at the O Store, you can pick up a nifty little Fuel Cell model kit/gift card holder thingy. I had never seen these before, so excuse me if this is old news...but I thought it was definitely worth sharing.

P.S. - It isn't made of o-matter, and it comes from China!

Gift Card Fuel Cell Model Kit - modelkit.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I grabbed one and made the mistake of trying to build it for my display case. Too bad I didnt read the small print that says its not intended for assembly before removing all the pieces from the mould...

3. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I have 2 of them Im glad I didnt try to put mine together. Did you try and glue it together ? probably would work.

4. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I may try that, but I was hoping it would just go together. Time to grab some model glue and paint...

5. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

yup yup maybe do an IH cell.

6. NiGHTSx2

I think you can assemble these, but it's going to take a bit of work. The thing I don't understand is why they would mold little bumps onto the earstem, and not put a hole on the frame for them to attach into. Almost as puzzling as wondering why anyone would make a model kit that they didn't intend to be put together. LOL anyway, these are still pretty sweet, regardless.

7. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

The lenses don't fit either. They are too big and the orbitals do not have a slot for the lenses as it appears. I agree, why make a model that's not functional and is designed to stay on the mould??

8. NiGHTSx2

Yup, you gotta sand down the lenses until they fit, and then glue in place. Stupid... I know.

9. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

post a pic when its done assembling... i'm interested to see haha