• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Gift Card Fuel Cell Model Kit

NiGHTSx2

Oakley Expert
San Jose, CA
If you purchase a gift card with a minimum value of $150 at the O Store, you can pick up a nifty little Fuel Cell model kit/gift card holder thingy. I had never seen these before, so excuse me if this is old news...but I thought it was definitely worth sharing.

P.S. - It isn't made of o-matter, and it comes from China!

modelkit.jpg

I grabbed one and made the mistake of trying to build it for my display case. Too bad I didnt read the small print that says its not intended for assembly before removing all the pieces from the mould...

I may try that, but I was hoping it would just go together. Time to grab some model glue and paint...

I think you can assemble these, but it's going to take a bit of work. The thing I don't understand is why they would mold little bumps onto the earstem, and not put a hole on the frame for them to attach into. Almost as puzzling as wondering why anyone would make a model kit that they didn't intend to be put together. LOL anyway, these are still pretty sweet, regardless.

The lenses don't fit either. They are too big and the orbitals do not have a slot for the lenses as it appears. I agree, why make a model that's not functional and is designed to stay on the mould??

Latest Posts

Back