• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Giving New Life To A Old Lens

Hey guys. I attempted lense resurrection myself also.

My Gascan s had lenses that were deeply scratched from the previous own. Since it's the s I had to have previously owned. So I sanded down with 1000 grit sandpaper moved to 1200 then 1500. I followed with maguires scratch x on a polishing wheel on my drill going from medium pressure to very light. Then I used maguires plastic headlight Polish doing the same. Finally I used maguires gold class wax. And now the lenses are very usable and clear. They have very very faint micro scratches that don't mess with vision at all and are not noticeable when wearing them.
Wow! Gotta hand it to you for going into so much effort to end up with a scratched grey lens. Wouldn't it be better off to just get new lenses? Even a pair of grey lenses shouldn't cost much?

Wow! Gotta hand it to you for going into so much effort to end up with a scratched grey lens. Wouldn't it be better off to just get new lenses? Even a pair of grey lenses shouldn't cost much?

WELL, $10/hr minimum wage -taxes would make it you could buy some new lenses after more than half a days work. or a whole day for polarization... decisions, decisions...

I actually already had a new set of lenses and was just curious if I could do it. It's always good to learn new skills.

Back