1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jason Beer

Jason Beer Oakley Beginner

Hi,

I have recently purchased from my opticians a pair of RX Fives Squared glasses, the case they sent to me was the Large Soft Vaults cases which is too big for the glasses.

They have advised me that this is now the smallest case that the Five Squared glasses fit into which I feel is not correct as many websites advise that the Small Soft Vaults case is suitable for these glasses.

Can anyone let me know what is the correct case for these glasses?

Many thanks

Jason

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Small soft vault's DO fit the Fives V. 3 and Squared... But it's a TIGHT fit (TWSS) ... I'd recommend the carbon case, it's a great all arounder case!

3. Jason Beer

Thanks for that, is there just the one size for the carbon torpedo case?

4. JoshAD330

JoshAD330 Oakley Enthusiast

Well, as Lexkempo pointed out the small soft vault seems to be a tight fit for the Fives Squared. I personally kept mine in a Square O hard case but first I put the sunglasses inside the microfiber bag and then inside the hard case. The fit was not too tight and you still have a little "wiggle room." Thats what worked for me but as Lexkempo mentioned the Carbon Fiber Case is good too. Regarding the Carbon case, it only comes in Large and right now you can get it at the Oakley web site for $25 plus tax. You can also check on Ebay.

5. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

I had mine in small soft cases for years ... But you literally have to squeeze em a little to get em to fit in the case properly ... I wasn't too crazy about that ... Carbon case is a little bigger but if kept in a microclear, the movement doesn't damage the frame or lense (in my experience)

6. JoshAD330

JoshAD330 Oakley Enthusiast

I agree. I felt the same way about keeping them in a Square O hard case. I did not mind having a little extra wiggling room. I use the same Square O hard case to transport my Straight Jackets and my Jupiter Factory Lites. :)

7. Jason Beer

Great thanks both for this, I think I'll invest in either the Square O or the Carbon case