• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses Case Question

Jason Beer

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I have recently purchased from my opticians a pair of RX Fives Squared glasses, the case they sent to me was the Large Soft Vaults cases which is too big for the glasses.

They have advised me that this is now the smallest case that the Five Squared glasses fit into which I feel is not correct as many websites advise that the Small Soft Vaults case is suitable for these glasses.

Can anyone let me know what is the correct case for these glasses?

Many thanks

Jason

Can anyone let me know what is the correct case for these glasses?
Well, as Lexkempo pointed out the small soft vault seems to be a tight fit for the Fives Squared. I personally kept mine in a Square O hard case but first I put the sunglasses inside the microfiber bag and then inside the hard case. The fit was not too tight and you still have a little "wiggle room." Thats what worked for me but as Lexkempo mentioned the Carbon Fiber Case is good too. Regarding the Carbon case, it only comes in Large and right now you can get it at the Oakley web site for $25 plus tax. You can also check on Ebay.

Well, as Lexkempo pointed out the small soft vault seems to be a tight fit for the Fives Squared. I personally kept mine in a Square O hard case but first I put the sunglasses inside the microfiber bag and then inside the hard case. The fit was not too tight and you still have a little "wiggle room." Thats what worked for me but as Lexkempo mentioned the Carbon Fiber Case is good too. Regarding the Carbon case, it only comes in Large and right now you can get it at the Oakley web site for $25 plus tax. You can also check on Ebay.
I had mine in small soft cases for years ... But you literally have to squeeze em a little to get em to fit in the case properly ... I wasn't too crazy about that ... Carbon case is a little bigger but if kept in a microclear, the movement doesn't damage the frame or lense (in my experience)

I had mine in small soft cases for years ... But you literally have to squeeze em a little to get em to fit in the case properly ... I wasn't too crazy about that ... Carbon case is a little bigger but if kept in a microclear, the movement doesn't damage the frame or lense (in my experience)
I agree. I felt the same way about keeping them in a Square O hard case. I did not mind having a little extra wiggling room. I use the same Square O hard case to transport my Straight Jackets and my Jupiter Factory Lites. :)

Back