• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

I wear Spilt Jackets, Half Jackets or Radars with clear or transitions as safety glasses at work :cool:

I wear Spilt Jackets, Half Jackets or Radars with clear or transitions as safety glasses at work :cool:
Technically, I can get in trouble for wearing them...

Our policy only covers safety glasses issued by the company, regardless if they suck optically or if they can't protect you as well as Oakleys...

Company and employee are covered if anything happens...

BUT, it something were to happen to me and I'm wearing my Oakleys, I'm effed !!!

Our policy only covers safety glasses issued by the company, regardless if they suck optically or if they can't protect you as well as Oakleys...

Company and employee are covered if anything happens...

BUT, it something were to happen to me and I'm wearing my Oakleys, I'm effed !!!

You should pick up a pair of Oaks that are Z87.1 rated for this sort of thing, like the Industrial M Frame...

You should pick up a pair of Oaks that are Z87.1 rated for this sort of thing, like the Industrial M Frame...
I think that's the only Oakley that actually meets OSHA and ANSI requirements, plus, it's actually stamped...

The stamp is what makes it more legit to multi-bazillion dollar companies with super strict safety protocols...

I'll have to ask to see...

For the few times I go to shops (because most of my packages are overseas vendors), it'll just have to wait...

Same here technically ;) but I've gotten them cleared by health and safety at work (even though they should be stamped) :D

I don't work in the US though..

image.jpeg

My prescription Ray Bans!

I think that's the only Oakley that actually meets OSHA and ANSI requirements, plus, it's actually stamped...

The stamp is what makes it more legit to multi-bazillion dollar companies with super strict safety protocols...

I'll have to ask to see...

For the few times I go to shops (because most of my packages are overseas vendors), it'll just have to wait...

There are others with that rating IIRC. In fact, since you qualify for access to the SI site, you should check those out, I believe more Z87.1 options there (though I can't say what's actually available ATM).

Ok, so I was in the local outdoor store today and tried on a pair of Maui Jims Peahi. The lenses were stellar. Clarity and color were far more pronounced than any Oakley lenses that I can remember. The frames are fairly ho hum. Oakley still definitely wins.

You could probably wear 3D glasses you get at the movie theater and still not get fired hahaha !!!

We are as litigious as in the US so for most activities we can use our own safety equipment. In some cases it is full face shield etc, but that is the exception rather than the rule ;)

Back