• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

More than s decade ago, a time I can't afford a pair of Oakley, I settled for a pair of red lens Cebe Athlon, and a pair of yellow smoked lens Carrera Joker, both on big discounted price on local shop here. Both are nice, used them a lot but gave them away after buying my very first Oakley pair. The pair I have a very small interest other than Oakley is the Ray Ban small size aviator. It's really classic and nice. I won't mind having a pair of that to add with my current 10 pair of Oakley.
Wow, can't believe I actually got the Ray-Ban I was babbling about more than a year ago. And the made in usa Bausch and Lomb non the less, in brand new condition, and a fraction of a price. Really got the Top Gun Tom Cruise vibe wearing it.

54ea47f84f6f34cf6abcf16c300b7a61.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Long before there was Oakley, there was RayBan.
I have had a succession of this model through decades, and at the time, they were the BEST for my application.
8522122527_0a152678a2_n.jpg

30423274242_25813933ef_z.jpg

RayBan Outdoorsman, Black, G15, cable temples.
I wear these once a year or so, to remind me how far we've come with Oakley.
The cable temples mean these stay on your face at all times; even pulling G's.
The downside is, after the first 30 years of wearing them, you develop small calluses behind the earlobes...

The first pair of sunglasses I ever bought with my own pop-bottle money!
1965 Sea & Ski Girl Watchers.
32582730101_42eb1c9ae7_o.jpg

The second pair I ever bought, 1968 RayBan Wayfarer.
31883716714_095baa2d56_z.jpg

Recent addition (a recommendation from my optometrist) Maui Jim Sandy Beach.
Superlative optics, and extremely comfortable, but impossible to keep the lenses clean.
Must be the static properties of the lenses...
408-02.jpg

Clayton + Franklin #501

The detail work on these is stunning, with etching surrounding each orbital, and down both arms.
Beautiful, heavily anti-reflective coated lenses, with pinned tortoise temple tips.
31883945674_cf4fdb3785_z.jpg

I love my Oakleys (58 and holding...), but there are some worthy competitors out there.

Latest Posts

Back