• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

buddy bought me another pair opf $5 glasses HAHAHA !!!!!!

IMG_5046.JPG

Lol. When I go past one of those sunglass stands in the mall, I get tempted to buy one of those 2 for $25 deals, but then I look and I see my Oakleys and run away.

Lol. When I go past one of those sunglass stands in the mall, I get tempted to buy one of those 2 for $25 deals, but then I look and I see my Oakleys and run away.
You can buy 5 for $25 here lol...

Back in the late 90's when I was able to afford contact lenses I started wearing sunglasses. I went to a SH in town and got these. The Cats with the diamond hard yellow lenses are amazing on colors especially green. Makes the color pop. The Predator pair was due to the Men in black movie as I thought they looked cool. I never looked at anything else as the optics were so great, I figured Bausch & Lomb could not be rivaled. That is not until about a year and a half ago when I took a chance on Oakley. :
uploadfromtaptalk1426458808525.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426458826405.jpg

These I have bought within the last year or so. The rubber Wayfarer style is awesome, called a Justin line. Bought another similar recently to have prescription lenses put in for my night vision /reading needs. The aviator style is a Liteforce line I bought on sale because I like the blue color and mirror lenses. They are incredibly lightweight as the name suggests almost scarily so. You do not feel them on and they almost seem flimsy, but are not. Awesome technology.

uploadfromtaptalk1426458872284.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426458888544.jpg

After breaking a pair of Oakleys at a music fest I don't dare to wear Oakleys at concerts anymore. I have a few of those cheap "hipster-style" sunglasses that companies usually brand & give away for free that I'll sometimes wear instead. Tbh they're pretty awful, especially if one is used to O quality.

After breaking a pair of Oakleys at a music fest I don't dare to wear Oakleys at concerts anymore. I have a few of those cheap "hipster-style" sunglasses that companies usually brand & give away for free that I'll sometimes wear instead. Tbh they're pretty awful, especially if one is used to O quality.
And that is why I never looked at anything but what I had as the ray ban quality was so awesome. Unfortunately I missed out on much from Oakley because of that.

I have been wearing Oakleys for the last twenty years and from time to time I get the itch to try something else...RayBan, Maui Jim, Costas but honestly there is nothing the the fit and feel of Oakleys and their lenses. Even bought industrial M-Frames to be in compliance with safety....

Latest Posts

Back