• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Global Fuel Cell, My First Ebay Dissapointment

Nyarlathotep

The Crawling Chaos
Premium Member
Mesa, AZ
I won the auction on October 24, and they arrived today. The seller listed them as new with tags, and shipping was to arrive on the 7th of Nov. He had a buy it now price of $170, but I won the auction at $52, glad it was so low. Taking almost a month to arrive sucked, opening the piece of cardboard wrapped around a cluster of shrink wrap made me uneasy, and seeing the Oakley case and the real bag kinda made me feel a bit better. I took the glasses out and the frames are good, but the lenses are scratched. After buying and selling on ebay for over 12 years this is the first time I didn't get an item in the condition I was expecting, not bad.
6379895023_49e5516149_z.jpg

6379894139_301294fccd_z.jpg

6379894565_9d03b73c0a_z.jpg

6379895467_a770467e4f_z.jpg

Yikes. At least you got an amazing deal on them! That's an odd case they threw in haha. Are you going to fight it and get your money back?

Yikes. At least you got an amazing deal on them! That's an odd case they threw in haha. Are you going to fight it and get your money back?
No, I wanted the frame and I had planned on putting different lenses in anyway. The seller just got bad feedback.

$52 is still a pretty solid steal deal though but it does suck that you didn't get what you are expecting. The frames still look like they are in pretty good shape though.

Wow, that sucks! I've had a couple of instances where the seller didn't fully disclose the condition or led me to belive differently of the items I won. Filed a case for one and got refunded, and sucked it up on the other because I didn't ask the normal 2,000 questions I do before bidding on an item (so my fault). Still a pretty decent deal if you were going to change the lenses out anyway. Just won't be able to sell or get as much for the original lenses because of the damage. Nice frames though!

Btw, that IS an odd case to include with those frames :confused:. That's the same hard case that came with my wife's Dangerous. Interesting...

wow, nice pick up. great price too. sucks about the lenses though. the case is the one that comes with female frames, but it works well and looks good too

Yeah, it happens, sorry to hear that. Still not a bad deal, athough definitely not New In The Box. That is a women's hard case and does not belong with the Fuel Cell.

Back