1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

I won the auction on October 24, and they arrived today. The seller listed them as new with tags, and shipping was to arrive on the 7th of Nov. He had a buy it now price of $170, but I won the auction at $52, glad it was so low. Taking almost a month to arrive sucked, opening the piece of cardboard wrapped around a cluster of shrink wrap made me uneasy, and seeing the Oakley case and the real bag kinda made me feel a bit better. I took the glasses out and the frames are good, but the lenses are scratched. After buying and selling on ebay for over 12 years this is the first time I didn't get an item in the condition I was expecting, not bad.
    Global Fuel Cell, My First Ebay Dissapointment - 6379895023_49e5516149_z.jpg
    Global Fuel Cell, My First Ebay Dissapointment - 6379894139_301294fccd_z.jpg
    Global Fuel Cell, My First Ebay Dissapointment - 6379894565_9d03b73c0a_z.jpg
    Global Fuel Cell, My First Ebay Dissapointment - 6379895467_a770467e4f_z.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Yikes. At least you got an amazing deal on them! That's an odd case they threw in haha. Are you going to fight it and get your money back?

3. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The Crawling Chaos Premium Member

No, I wanted the frame and I had planned on putting different lenses in anyway. The seller just got bad feedback.

4. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

At least you still got a great deal on an awesome frame.

5. O-man

O-man Oakley Beginner

$52 is still a pretty solid steal deal though but it does suck that you didn't get what you are expecting. The frames still look like they are in pretty good shape though.

6. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Wow, that sucks! I've had a couple of instances where the seller didn't fully disclose the condition or led me to belive differently of the items I won. Filed a case for one and got refunded, and sucked it up on the other because I didn't ask the normal 2,000 questions I do before bidding on an item (so my fault). Still a pretty decent deal if you were going to change the lenses out anyway. Just won't be able to sell or get as much for the original lenses because of the damage. Nice frames though!

7. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

Btw, that IS an odd case to include with those frames :confused:. That's the same hard case that came with my wife's Dangerous. Interesting...

8. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

wow, nice pick up. great price too. sucks about the lenses though. the case is the one that comes with female frames, but it works well and looks good too

9. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

sucks about the lens... but, anyway, the frames itself are worth more than $52.. :)

nice add!

10. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah, it happens, sorry to hear that. Still not a bad deal, athough definitely not New In The Box. That is a women's hard case and does not belong with the Fuel Cell.