• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Going Rate For Romeo 1

It depends on its condition, lenses, earsocks, nosepads gaskets. All of these items are difficult to replace, and they are scarce. Also how much you willing to pay for a pair that might need some tlc too.... If they are in mint condition, probably $450 and up....

Varies based on conditon of the lenses and even then eBay pricing is everywhere. There was a UK auction that closed today with flawless OEM lenses for $350, but I've seen other pieces like that sell for $450, $600...and $380 stateside. My rule of thumb is this-if you hunt hard and play your cards right (and ignore the $550 and $600+ pieces that pop up) count on paying $400 to $450 shipped for an X Metal frame in very good cosmetic conditon with nosepieces and gaskets that are all present and serviceable in conditon even if the lenses are useless. Then of course add $40 for aftermarket lenses or $100 for customs from Chop. I got lucky...$285 for my BNIB Plasma then a VERY good conditon XMetal for $430, sold the OEM lenses for $40, got some Chop Rubies for $85 so $475 total on that one.

With that said, i would hunt Romeos all day over XX and Juliet because of the whole flex coupler wild card issue...the Romeo is easier to gauge off pics of gaskets etc vs. someone's subjective opinion on coupler looseness

I bought my plasma/Fire 3 years ago for $355 shipped BNIB. I was offered $600 shipped, only because its a low serial.........

I'm trying to find a pair I was going to try and trade a BNIB IH Juliet plus csh for the difference for one I just didn't know what the going rate was.

Well IH Juliet prices have been fluctuating lately...eBay pricing has been lower of late (I bought high at $300 a month ago) at around $275, so if trading here figure many would expect maybe $250 in value for the IH so add $150-$200 for the Romeo. Or you could just sell the IH Juliet here for say $255 shipped with PayPal gift...it would move then just apply that cash to the Romeo

You just need to keep about 400 in your PayPal account and not get tempted with other things and scour and watch everything. Your can find a good pair it's just a pain to do so.

Also remember the earsocks and temple shocks are the same as Juliet so just be on the lookout for nosepieces and gaskets...they are what are difficult to find and pricey when you do

Back