• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Going Sans Nose Bombs.. Anyone?

Malv1

Oakley Expert
Am I the only one that has found the R1's to sit a bit lower and feel just as comfy as me? I tried it this weekend and used them for over 2.5 hours straight while driving and no ill effects at all. I am gonna pull the pieces off the Juliet next to see how they fit but unless I can figure a way to get a slim nose bomb, the R1 is now bomb free :big_boss:

I think you should send me your XX's so I can try them on without the nose pieces :)

Those will be next as I really like the look of the Juliet but they just don't wear right so I am hoping the XX's do...

But honestly the Romeo feels right without the bombs...

Hahha, the reason why i did that was because i lost the left nose piece while on vacation, so i had to wear it without them. Since the mounts for the nose pieces are so narrow, they almost cut into my nose. I've since found replacements.

XX's are a bit bigger than the juliets. I can't say how they compare to Romeos though as i've never had one. Maybe you could send me your Romeo so i can compare sizes :dance3:

I tried to wear my R1's w/o the nose bombs...couldn't do it. The would sit too close to my eyes that my lashes would touch the lenses and they just felt uncomfortable. I wanted to wear them sooooo bad, but had to wait for my nose bombs to come in first. Haven't tried going w/o on any of my other frames.

My Romeos would slide off my face without nosebombs. But, I agree if they sit lower they fit better. Problem is most frames have the larger nosebombs..the smaller ones give you the lower sitting fit. Wearing the XS without nosebombs? Even with them mine barely stay above my cheekbones.

My Romeos would slide off my face without nosebombs. But, I agree if they sit lower they fit better. Problem is most frames have the larger nosebombs..the smaller ones give you the lower sitting fit. Wearing the XS without nosebombs? Even with them mine barely stay above my cheekbones.

Would you happen to have a set of the smaller bombs? I can't find them anywhere. Or if you have a set that you are using, can you measure them so I can be positive which ones I have... I have to think I have the larger ones because of how high they sit with the bombs on.

I did notice yesterday that they were making contact with my eye lashes now which I didn't notice at all this weekend and that does bother after a while...

I wear my Juliets without the t-shox. I have a smaller face and they fit more narrow without the t-shox

Latest Posts

Back