• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Going To Sell Some X Metals (someday)

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
We just found out that my wife's ovaries are still gone.
Just figured I'd throw that out there and give everybody a chance to start saving.
Thanks for the meme Rustpot!
ogeun.jpg

I just sliced my thumb open with a box knife through the nail. I am thinking of selling my entire collection to pay my medical bills..... Sorry, didnt mean to hijack, just thinking out loud.

I didn't mean to jump on Boss. It's just we've had SEVERAL threads of people saying things like "I just lost my job, everything is for sale" or "Selling my whole collection" and they're either responding to PMs and selling behind closed doors, or they just don't go through with it. Then we get a few "get your Paypal ready" and "I'm having a Big Boy sale" threads and it's just... I don't know, losing it's humor to me.

The board's already getting clogged with sales threads. The "New Posts" button yields a LOT of sales threads, and some of it is just the volume, so are from people selling things piecemeal and making several threads. Now we're getting PREsale threads? :rolleyes:

I'm actually preparing a sales thread. Going to cut out some pairs that don't get taken out of the case, retool for a leaner, meaner collection. Now's obviously not a good time. Fall sales just before the winter lull when there's a lot less activity.

And I just spent a lot of money. So I gotta try and cover some of that.

People are so sensitive anymore. I understand what you were saying and that's why I find it funny because I am new notice those threads increasing as well. It's nothing personal and it seems most of the members here understand that.

Nothing personal here and no one person in particular just an increase in these types of threads. Rustpot kinda inspired me tho...
Everything is for sale at some point and my gut is that often these are feelers for potential sales without having to go through the time and trouble of taking pics and pricing them out.
I see responses like "dibs on R2's", "dibs on ..."
"Having a sale soon" is more of a Tweet IMHO, like "Having Mahi for lunch" or "Constipated again!". It doesn't serve a purpose and I don't really see a value to it. Like everyone on the forum is not going to pay their mortgage or car note until they see what is going up for sale.
Not that I care that much, it just made me want to post one of my own for fun.
Why would I need 2 pair of 24K Juliets with signed lenses that I brought back from RED anyway? :)

Back