• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Going under the knife

When I first read the title, my first thought was to lay claim to all XMetals. Then I saw 3 pages. They gone.

Today's medicine, you'll be cruising the board before the Nitrous wears off.

Going under the knife for a hernia repair tomorrow at 0830. Starting to get a little nervous. I guess it's natural to be a bit nervous when having any surgery, but it's almost crunch time. I'm not so worried about anything other than the anesthesia I guess. I hate having to be put under a general anesthetic. I'll post something once I get out of surgery and back home. Wish me luck, say a prayer, any gestures are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I just had a sinus surgery on Wednesday ...

General anesthetic too ... It wasn't too bad and the wake up was quite the trip ;). Dilaudid for ALL!!!

My recovery is 3 weeks but most likely less painful than yours!
All the best!!!

I just had a sinus surgery on Wednesday ...

General anesthetic too ... It wasn't too bad and the wake up was quite the trip ;). Dilaudid for ALL!!!

My recovery is 3 weeks but most likely less painful than yours!
All the best!!!

Glad to see your doing well on your road to recovery. Sounds like it went well. :)

Dilaudid I would be ok with, but I'm getting Diprivan. To me it seems much scarier. :(

Glad to see your doing well on your road to recovery. Sounds like it went well. :)

Dilaudid I would be ok with, but I'm getting Diprivan. To me it seems much scarier. :(

It was a laparoscopic sinus surgery to remove polyps and open up the sinus cavity. About 1-1.5 hours I think...

I can't believe how easy it is for them to knock you out... I took two breaths of the O2 the offered me and they did the IV thing and BAM... All of a sudden someone is waking me up and my face hurts like a beyotch!

Dilaidid was after in the recovery room...

I'm not sure of everything they used during the surgery but there was actual cocaine involved ;)

My BP was 180/120 when I woke up... :p

Quite the rush!

I just hope the polyps don't grow back... But if they do I'll be a hell of a lot less scared!

Laparoscopic is also much better. Mine will be the old fashioned way, cut open and sew up. :(
Your surgery is definitely of a much graver and important variety than mine...

While probably both of our surgery a may be life altering... As far as I know yours is/should be immediately life SAVING!

You can potentially die of diverticulitis, if untreated, by sepsis ...

While mine may have saved my life (preventing sleep apnea, constant sinus congestion/infections and sinus aches/migraines) in the long run...

All the best! I'll suck, but dying sucks more!

Keep us in the loop!

My prayers are with you brother! Glad you are finally getting that thing taken care of! :)

Today at the urologist they stuck a camera through my d1ck hole to have a look at my bladder walls... it sucked! My issue is still unknown :mad:

Thank you for the suggestions, I'm going to mention them to my Dr on Tuesday.

I am anxious to hear from you after your surgery, God will be with you and he will guide the surgeons hand through a perfect surgery :angel:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back