• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Goldbrook FYI.

wrist

Oakley Expert
RVA.
Just wanted to let you all know that my Gold Oakley Holbrooks started to peel today. Guess all things have to come to an end. :rolleyes: Unfortunate that Oakley couldn't figure it out.

I havent gotten all the way down, but it almost looked grey. Im going to call warranty, not expecting them to help with this pair, but since this is technically a "manufacture defect", see if I can haggle two pairs of Brooks that equate the value of these.

DSC_1960.jpg

Ouch! That sucks! Doesn't seem like they'll ever be able to nail down the FMJ coating process to have it last. Even if you take extreme care and clean them after each use, they still peel. My black chrome Half Jacket's lasted about 2-3 years before starting to flake and peel, and that was with excellent care.

I havent gotten all the way down, but it almost looked grey. Im going to call warranty, not expecting them to help with this pair, but since this is technically a "manufacture defect", see if I can haggle two pairs of Brooks that equate the value of these.

DSC_1960.jpg

I know of a couple of stores in the UK that still have Goldbrooks for sale so Oakley can't really claim they aren't available anymore. Maybe you could find one and get it free as a replacement?

Wouldn't warranty take care of this within the first year if bought from an Oakley dealer? I've always had good experiences with their warranty department.

Wow That SGH person that told me that a year ago was right Thats rough! Back when I had 4 Splices My Black chrome peeled after only a couple wears maybe 6-8 months after purchase. I feel bad cuz I know how in demand they-Goldbrooks- were...maybe sticking with my boring black and brown is the best way to go....for me anyway...I hope the people that got the FMJ Twenty dont encounter this....its time o got the Chrome/FMJ right or just stopped it altogether

Back