• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Golden Flashes Custom Juliet

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
My youngest plays baseball at Kent State. We are huge fans of the school - especially their awesome baseball coaching staff- so I shamelessly prop them every chance I get.

Like this one...

Here's my 2013 Golden Flashes limited edition, submitted for your approval:

8348676828_35f8de8f7b_c.jpg

8347619467_e69ecfc3ac_c.jpg

8347615547_f6f27556f6_c.jpg

8348679560_6a949c38d9_c.jpg

8347621819_586eee8da6_c.jpg

8348682012_dd606bdb56_c.jpg

I really wanted to use Ichiro lenses because the theme is baseball. I have a set that I bought billed as OO Blue but are actually IS Blue Iridium. I kept them anyway figuring that they aren't making them anymore, but they didn't look quite right. They have more of a greenish blue tint to them and Kent's colors are Gold & Navy. Not Gold and Navy / Green.

I had a pair of blue polarized that I liked better since they're more blue with a little purplish tint. These lenses came via an ebay deal from the Yoo Kay; a pair with a shot plasma frame (headed to the XMAN for another undetermined custom shipping no signature required :wink:) but the pair came with nice Ichiro rubbers and these great polar lenses.

This pair is really growing on me. Go Flashes!

I'll be honest with you, I have a strong tendency to dislike gold items. This for some reason to me is really nice. The blue goes so well with it.

Those look really cool. The gold with the blue lenses and blue rubbers is a combo that never would have jumped into my mind, but it looks great. Good luck to your son's team. My son and I are huge baseball fans as well

Back