1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but the Exchange Rule #8 seems to be getting violated a lot around here. Even by higher up members/Staff.
    Has anyone else noticed it? Or is it just me?
    No Scalping - If you are buying the new products coming out at this time, waiting until they are sold out, and simply attempting to SCALP other members on this forum, that behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED on the forum. If you are doing this, please STOP! It is wrong to simply buy limited edition items, to sell them for profit after they are sold out. If we see this behavior we will contact you and ask you to stop. If this behavior continues, you may be banned.

salj838, Raptor and mercat like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Like the staple frogs? I would have loved one and there were what? 130? Now I can't touch one for less than 3. Bs

Zeke and washi me sensie like this.
  3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

150 I think.

4. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

Well here's where this gets a little tricky, or open to interpretation ...

Buy it for 150, sell it for 300, most would agree - scalping

Buy it for 150, trade it for another pair that's valued at around 300, scalping or not?

Thoughts?

Duke Nivram likes this.
  5. bigdog425

bigdog425 Oakley Beginner

I think a trade is about both parties getting something they want. It would be impossible to match dollar amounts in trade.

thisguy, ptownphil and Carrera1963 like this.
  6. Belfry

Belfry Oakley Enthusiast

Good question......
    I look at what other guys have (from my grail list and think they paid $200 max)

I know they are collectors items/rare so worth more but for me to be able to pick up my wants list Id have to put the price up

7. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I feel that if you buy as many of an item you can with the intention to resell for a profit I would say that is scalping. Many times over it has happened on here.

Examples are when the microfiber bag deals came out 3 for 10. Members were selling then 10$ a bag.

The WITK that surfaced for a while and people snatched them up. It has come and gone on here too.

I am sure I could name a few others but my point is, if you feel it is unfair, don't buy.

8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

This.

Scalping happens because it works.

At the same time, we view our glasses as collectors items and are treated as such. The lucky ones are able to get their hands on limited pieces and it's their right to sell at what they feel is what they're worth. It's just the nature of the beast. There will always be someone who looks to profit on collectibles.

Low_Speed and Frogskins like this.
  9. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

So with this being said what the point of having a no scalping rule then.
    If were just going it sit back and let it happen we might as well take the rule out of there.

10. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Well just as @the_owl mentioned in post #1, he's seeing the mods do it. We're already "sitting back and letting it happen."