• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Golden Rule #8

the_owl

hard to kidnap
U.S.
I dont know if anyone else has noticed, but the Exchange Rule #8 seems to be getting violated a lot around here. Even by higher up members/Staff.
Has anyone else noticed it? Or is it just me?
No Scalping - If you are buying the new products coming out at this time, waiting until they are sold out, and simply attempting to SCALP other members on this forum, that behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED on the forum. If you are doing this, please STOP! It is wrong to simply buy limited edition items, to sell them for profit after they are sold out. If we see this behavior we will contact you and ask you to stop. If this behavior continues, you may be banned.

Well here's where this gets a little tricky, or open to interpretation ...

Buy it for 150, sell it for 300, most would agree - scalping

Buy it for 150, trade it for another pair that's valued at around 300, scalping or not?

Thoughts?

Good question......
I look at what other guys have (from my grail list and think they paid $200 max)

I know they are collectors items/rare so worth more but for me to be able to pick up my wants list Id have to put the price up

I feel that if you buy as many of an item you can with the intention to resell for a profit I would say that is scalping. Many times over it has happened on here.

Examples are when the microfiber bag deals came out 3 for 10. Members were selling then 10$ a bag.

The WITK that surfaced for a while and people snatched them up. It has come and gone on here too.

I am sure I could name a few others but my point is, if you feel it is unfair, don't buy.

if you feel it is unfair, don't buy.

This.

Scalping happens because it works.

At the same time, we view our glasses as collectors items and are treated as such. The lucky ones are able to get their hands on limited pieces and it's their right to sell at what they feel is what they're worth. It's just the nature of the beast. There will always be someone who looks to profit on collectibles.

This.

Scalping happens because it works.

At the same time, we view our glasses as collectors items and are treated as such. The lucky ones are able to get their hands on limited pieces and it's their right to sell at what they feel is what they're worth. It's just the nature of the beast. There will always be someone who looks to profit on collectibles.

So with this being said what the point of having a no scalping rule then.
If were just going it sit back and let it happen we might as well take the rule out of there.

Back