• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Good day or bad day........

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
I started of the day on my way to work and noticed a stain on my shirt knowing I have my review today and thinking "Great.....I hope this doesn't turn into a bad day"

I stopped off at my local D&D and as I was getting out of my car and started walking to the entrance and......"WHAM! I walked face first into a bike rack on the back of an SUV parked next to me (yes I had my face buried in my phone". My face hurt a bit (scratched as well), and now I'm thinking "here we go.....bad day".

I walk into D&D and the line is huge and I'm going to be late for work if I stay. So I leave, stained shirt, bruised face, no coffee.....not a good start.

I then notice that one of the nose pads on my half jackets I was wearing is popping off due to the altercation I had with the bike rack. "Great..."I eff'ed up my Oakleys!" and I need them for a golf tournament tomorrow (they have the G40 transition lenses and I was wearing them to re-acquaint myself with them) - Funny how all that other stuff I brushed off and I got more upset of my Oakleys.

I was finally able to get my coffee at another D&D and was thinking about my glasses and remembered I was planning on wearing my crystal blue Fives today and what would have happened if I had. Probably would have scratched the lenses or frames during my face plant into the bike rack. Not as easy to undo compared to a ripped nose pad which I looked at again and it would seem can be replaced to fix the problem.

Some would say, man you are having a bad day, but I feel I'm having a good day because my Fives didn't get damaged.

Anyway, if you are having a good day, or a bad day, or combination of both feel free to chime in.

Damn. The face plant into the bike rack sucks. If that happened to me it would be some damage cause I'm always hauling like something is on fire.

Good thing you weren't wearing those Fives.

Hope you get a good review at work too!

I also hope your review goes great, sorry about the face plant that sucks
Thank you, my review did go well so despite starting off bad, things turned around.

Although, had a damaged the Fives, even the good review would not have been enough to get me over the hump.

I will say, another testament to Oakley quality, had it not been for the glasses, I probably would have ended up with more facial damage and luckily there was no damage to the the lenses ($110 G40 transition lenses) or the frames.

Way to look at the positives man!! (No Fives damage) I'm the guy who walks into the bike rack and flips out and punches it because it hit me first. Then I go fix my hand and string together some clever curses. ;)

If I'm grabbing something under the table and hit my head I flip it in the middle of a dinner.

Try hitting my head now, ****ing table.

Way to look at the positives man!! (No Fives damage) I'm the guy who walks into the bike rack and flips out and punches it because it hit me first. Then I go fix my hand and string together some clever curses. ;)
Yeah I was really thankful for for the "no damaged fives" part. I may have resorted to retaliation on the bike rack if that had happened.

There was a time when, like Doug, retaliation would have been my first instinct, but having to wait for busted up hands/feet to mend got old and I decided hobbling around or only having my left hand functional for a week became too inconveniencing. So changed my ways.

Back