• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Good month to pick up X Metal

DG85

Oakley Expert
Chicago, IL
Made some moves this month, quite happy with the end results!

Picked up an XMetal finish Juliet, flex couplers are blown, lenses need replaced but otherwise mint condition everywhere else, $220. I'm tempted to copper plate this frame, but may do just a tune as the frame is mint and source a hammerstein Juliet or XX for plating.

Sourced an XX Xmetal frame, lenses and flex coupler shot, finish was overall mint except for a hairline scratch on the nosebridge, opted for a refinish while Xman tuned the bridge, $285+tune+reblast.

Paid for a pair of custom emerald XX lenses from IH and sent in a pair of Violet Polarized BT lenses I already scored a deal on.

AND, the BIG deal, a 3rd gen 24k XX with mint 'XX' rubbers, mint lenses, mint Vault case and if looking past the worn gold on the ear stems, a mint frame. $396.

It was a first time experience using Mark's or InfiniteHero's services.

I sent my XX frame on a Friday. He received it Saturday. I had my frames back on Tuesday. I admire that he got the work done on his weekend and had such an incredible turn around. The finish, although different than OEM in shade and texture, I almost wish it was like this from the factory. The bridge is certainly tighter than OEM.

Overall, EXTREMELY satisfied with the 'Xman" service, far exceeded my expectations.

In regards to the custom cutting, there were bumps in the road, IH certainly took measures to make everything right and I find that very respectable. My Preference still remains with only OEM lenses as fitment was close but not on the same level. The XX lenses, in comparison to OEM do show reflections of my eye lashes in the lense, and it has been difficult to get use to. However, I would fully recommend InfiniteHero and plan to utilize his services going forward.

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

DSC03155.jpg
DSC03141.jpg

Last edited: