• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Good Romeo 1 Deal?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Was just getting ready to go to sleep....took one last run through eBay....and what do you know, a just listed Romeo 1 popped up. Buy It Now was the only option and it was $388....glasses only, no box bag or anything.

The seller said in the listing that they were given to him by a friend and "custom", saying it was a cross between X Metal and Plasma blah blah....based on the pics, the frame is the Titanium finish. Trashed aftermarket lenses and earsocks/t shocks pretty aged (no biggie, I was planning Exovista Ruby Quartz and red rubber anyway) but all the gaskets and nosepieces are present and in good conditon. Probably most important, the frame based on the pics of which there were many and well taken, is immaculate.

So what do you think? Good price? Not my number 1 first choice for my second pair but I've owned Titanium in the past on a Juliet and liked it...it shows off the frame qualities well and I figure if it doesn't do it for me someone here will buy it from me for what I paid.

I'll be curious to see what the lenses look like...I mean are they custom cut aftermarket or custom cut Oakley...I THINK my eyes are good enough to discern Oakley quality lenses. Again, not that it matters cause these will get aftermarket. Those upper gaskets always suffer from over tightening but I have a way to replace them with other rubber and you can tell the difference. Would have liked closer to $$340 but I'm spoiled by my BNIB look like they came in a time machine from 2002 Plasma Fire set I got for $285 back in December. Still going to hunt the X Metal pair though...now that I have the other two frames my brain is screaming for symmetry not only with that but also my 3 XS and 3 Juliets. And the next question is also now Juliet Plasma Ice Pol or Juliet X Metal Ruby

I'll be curious to see what the lenses look like...I mean are they custom cut aftermarket or custom cut Oakley...I THINK my eyes are good enough to discern Oakley quality lenses. Again, not that it matters cause these will get aftermarket. Those upper gaskets always suffer from over tightening but I have a way to replace them with other rubber and you can tell the difference. Would have liked closer to $$340 but I'm spoiled by my BNIB look like they came in a time machine from 2002 Plasma Fire set I got for $285 back in December. Still going to hunt the X Metal pair though...now that I have the other two frames my brain is screaming for symmetry not only with that but also my 3 XS and 3 Juliets. And the next question is also now Juliet Plasma Ice Pol or Juliet X Metal Ruby

i have the Xmetal romeo1 haha. yeah those lenses MAY be authentic.. he did specify it was black iridium i guess. juliet in xmetal ruby is by far the favourite of my Xmetal collection still.. i recommend it.

seller says he thinks lenses are aftermarket (they're really light he says). No matter...going to order some Exovista Ruby Quartz and just called Oakley this morning and asked for a set of 15/25 t shocks and earsocks in Ducati red which they are shipping out to me. Free of charge, too.

Back