• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Google Glass

Seems similar to the Camera they have in the Airwave. this would be super cool if Oakley would collab with Google.

Although at the same time, the Airwave was in collaboration with Recon and Apple. Maybe there's already something in the works with Apple?

Seems similar to the Camera they have in the Airwave.

Not at all really. I mean the same as in having a small screen in you vision, but that's pretty much where it stops. Google glass is supposedly a full augmented reality tool where the airwave had minor functionality.

Have you guys heard about the Google Glass coming out this year?

I used Google Glass: the future, with monthly updates | The Verge

It is a pretty cool concept. I feel that a collaboration with Oakley would be a wise choice for Google and it would bring Oakley back into the electronics game. What do you guys think?

Word is Oakley is already working on something like this. I don't think it is with Google though, last I heard they were aiming to compete with Google. I'm hoping they will team up with Apple...since we only sell Iphone, Ipod, and Ipad cases :wink:

Honestly I think Oakley needs to take a step back before they step into another electronics debacle. The Airwave has already been recalled for software and hardware issues.

If you look online, they've been sold out on the official site for awhile and the Gunmetal/Black Iridium shows a release date of October 2013. :lol:

Just got a email from one of the cycle store over here in the UK and this is their mock-up i think they could work well... if this was ever to happen with Google and Oakley

google%20glass_thumb_medium670_0.jpg

most have heard of Glass. Glass is making the users awkwardly look up all the time whereas Recon is on the low side (which I think is more favorable). Neither should be anything to care about really imo. Better than holding up a phone in your view, but it still encourages being distracted while traveling.

I don't think most the world really needs a HUD in their everyday life. Probably useful and cooler as a GPS with clear turn-by-turn directions at most, but when did this become a real problem to solve? The morons who drove into the lake have a different problem altogether. As it is, Oakley commits to optical protection. While displays are made with better quality, I don't know about having a screen in my face even more often than I do now.

Latest Posts

Back