• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got A Pair Of Rootbeer/Gold Polarised First Gen Eye-Jackets

Funky-Trixtar

......Jedi Mind trickery...........
Premium Member
Kent, England
Hi All, it's been a while since I was last on. Hope everybody's well and there collections are still pleasing them: no doubt increasing on a exponential scale!
I was happy that yet another pair of first Gen Eye-Jackets fell into my grubby mitts. A pair of Rootbeer/Gold Polarised , Used ( with box and extras)but immaculate, so I'm lead to believe. Will have to wait till I get back home(In Ayia Napa at the mo)!
Will post pics later.....C-Ya

Oh, and a pair of Overlord (Semi-Gloss Black)RX's from a company on the net, who I can' t presently recall the name, same goes for pics of these.....

Thx GRFc as I said , goto wait to get back to check the lEye-Jackets out: but very confident about condition. There's also another pair Matte Black/G28 in very good condition(which I can't say I've seen before in the flesh), which I'm going to pounce on very shortly.
How's your collecting going?

Im taking a break from most purchasing at the moment so I guess ok. Got some other priorities and need to get focused.

Im taking a break from most purchasing at the moment so I guess ok. Got some other priorities and need to get focused.
That's VR28, not G28.
Well FairPlay to you, and I hope you get the focus you require and stick to whatever you want to achieve!
That leaves me with two more(three really since a pair just busted on me for no reason, they just split......much like my Tortoise Moons......oh we'll, that's early O matter I guess)

I dont even put the early Eye Jackets on for fear of snapping them. My noggin seems to be pretty wide so no need to put unnecessary stress on a frame that is prone to breaking. I picked up a rootbeer / grey polarized earlier in the year, kinda a odd duck. Still dont have a lot of the EJ including the one you got. This was my collection of original EJs earlier in the summer.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/yet-more-vintage-original-eye-jackets.34372/

Look
I dont even put the early Eye Jackets on for fear of snapping them. My noggin seems to be pretty wide so no need to put unnecessary stress on a frame that is prone to breaking. I picked up a rootbeer / grey polarized earlier in the year, kinda a odd duck. Still dont have a lot of the EJ including the one you got. This was my collection of original EJs earlier in the summer.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/yet-more-vintage-original-eye-jackets.34372/
Looking great ,GRF. Particularly impressed by what appears to be a genuine first gen +Red with the Cobalts
The only thing was, I wasn't wearing them............I know the pitfalls of wearing first gen Eye-Jackets. They were in a box, which to this day, I have no idea how they got broken. Still, they were the more readily available type, so no real harm done. Just the 10W40's (he says with a knowing sigh) and the ever elusive Coppers!

With deft cunning and stealth.............I waited till there were only eight seconds left, .........then I pounced with my bid.........the inexerable countdown began.......eight, seven, six, five........someone 'chimed' in with 40, from twenty four........another potential foe to my prey.........was this competition, three, two, one................no, I'd WON the Black/VR28 first gen Eye-Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back