• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Back A Pair Of Juliets

• Thread starter Jason M Hensley
  • Start date
J

Jason M Hensley

Hey guys, I got a pair of NIB Juliet's with Ruby Iridium lenses. I think these are the 3rd gen ones (no serial number). I love them, but I am looking for some darker ruby lenses. By searching around, it seems I should be looking for a pair of first gen Juliet Ruby lenses huh? Were they still called Ruby Iridium in the first year?

Yup they were always called ruby iridium. Just that there were different variations in the tints between the batches.

Its strange, I always thought that they were known as ruby iridiums but i had a first gen pair serial below 5000 with box and on the box it actually listed them as ruby red iridium so I didnt know what was up with that.

Interesting... I'm keeping an eye on eBay, but I know it's a long shot. I am NOT putting a pair of those knock off lenses in them. These are Oakley's, not some crap sunglass company.

Its strange, I always thought that they were known as ruby iridiums but i had a first gen pair serial below 5000 with box and on the box it actually listed them as ruby red iridium so I didnt know what was up with that.

Could be how some carbon frames were listed as "black" on boxes back then as well. But the frame was still a carbon frame, like how I'm pretty sure ruby red iridium is still ruby iridium.

That may make finding the deep red ones harder to find...

I think Dr. Chop has some super red custom cut juliet lenses if I am not mistaken. You should PM him.

YW, dont quote me on it I just seem to recall seeing some of his nice reds up for sale on ebay recently.

Could be how some carbon frames were listed as "black" on boxes back then as well. But the frame was still a carbon frame, like how I'm pretty sure ruby red iridium is still ruby iridium.

yeah lol i think i have one of these black boxes too haha.

Latest Posts

Back